Kelsey x F! Reader | My Soldier

This isn't the best but here is a short Kelsey story.

Word count - 699

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I met Kelsey on the first day I came to the creek. I was eight and walking through the forest, not exactly sure where I was going. I ran into a few older kids and they start pushing me around. One of them pushes me to the ground and I land on my hands and knees. I slowly stand up, my body stinging. I was waiting for them to start pushing me again when something runs from behind the trees. I see a short red-head jump towards the kids, holding up a sword. She swings at them and they run away, knocking me over in the process. I sit on the ground and admire this brave soldier.

She's wearing a cape and has a blue bird on her head. (Previous Mortimer) "Are you alright?" She asks extending her hand for me to take. "I think so. Just a bit of dirt." I dust myself off as she helps me up. "Those kids were pretty big." I look in the direction they ran too. "Yea those are the Softball Kids. They're pretty strong since they spend all their time practicing. What are you doing out here?" She looks at me.

"O-oh. I heard water and wanted to explore. I didn't know there would be other kids." I scratch the back of my neck nervously. "Yea! The creek is full of kids. It's a place you can come to play how ever you want." She boasts. I smile at how excited she gets. "My name's Kelsey and this is Mortimer." The bird chirps at his name. "What's yours?"

"I'm Y/N. Thank you for saving me."

"As warrior of the creek it is my solemn vow to always protect those in danger." She holds a hand up to her heart and looks up. "Come on! Craig and J.P will be so excited to meet someone new!"

She grabs my hand and starts leading me. I feel my face go hot and I follow.

~ Time Skip ~

I've been hanging at the creek almost every day since that moment. I started hanging out with the Stump Kids and they've become the best friends I could ever ask for. We would go on adventures and Kelsey would always protect me. We headed to the trading tree to get some snacks when we see two kids arguing. Craig goes up to them and tries to tell them to break it up. They turn and start yelling at him. I go up and try to help the best I can but they just start yelling at me. One of them pushes me causing me to fall. It didn't hurt but before I could react I hear Kelsey yelling.

"Don't you dare hurt her!"

I look up at her as I get up. "Kelsey it's fine." I look at her.

"No it's not! I can't let you get hurt....Not when you mean so much to me." She whispers the last part.

"Kelsey, I won't get hurt because I'll always have you here to protect me. Remember your vow?"

She laughs at the mention of the memory.

"I care about you too. That's why I started keeping first aid stuff on me and making sure you were okay even if you didn't want to admit it. I can't live a single day without you Kelsey." I continued grabbing her hands.

"You really mean it?" She looks at me with tears in her eyes. One falls and I take one of my hands and wipe her check. "Yes Kelsey. I mean every word." She slowly smiles at my statement and hugs me. We leave Craig and J.P at the trading tree and go back to the stump together. As we are walking she grabs my hand. I squeeze her hand to reassure her that I am here.

We sit in the stump talking for a while before she speaks up, "So you really meant everything you said?" She looks at me. "I meant every word." She smiles holding Mortimer on her finger. He snuggles up to her face and give a satisfied chirp at her warmth.

"I'll always be here for you Y/N." She says with a smile.

"I know, My Soldier."