Chapter 10

-3rd person POV-

  After having the big ramen feast with his friends, Naruto decided to head home, saying bye to the group who still sit in the ramen stand laughing and talking. Naruto didn't want to leave, but he felt a bit lonely sitting in the corner since it was the only place open, he had fun chatting with the 4th hokage replica though.

  "He has to be the 4th! I'm a hundred percent sure!" Naruto says to himself with certainty. "It's the same guy that's in the picture frame at the hokages office! Sooooo coooll!" Naruto fan girls as he walks home with a big grin.

  "Naruto!" Calls a voice from behind. Naruto whips his head back, wondering who called out his name.

  "Naruto!" Says a waving blonde who is running in the direction of Naruto. He comes running up to Naruto with a smile.
"Minato sensei, what is it?" Naruto asks, trying to hide his excitement, curious to know what the 4th hokage wants with him.

  "Ah well...I noticed you looked a bit upset when you said you were leaving, I was just...worried" Naruto looked at the tall blonde in surprise, but quickly hides it and puts on a grin, "don't worry Sensei! I'm just tired ya know!" Naruto assures, Minato gives him an uncertain look, but accepts the answer, "If you say so Naruto" Minato smiles, ruffling Naruto's spiky blonde hair.

  "I'll get going now then Naruto, I'll see you tomorrow" Minato says, before walking past Naruto. Naruto watches Minato leave, walking off into the distance until he can't see him anymore.

  Naruto sighs, continuing his journey to his apartment, "nice chat" he mumbles.

  -Minato POV-

  Naruto is a funny and energetic kid, but he seems a bit distance at times, maybe Kashi will know why.

  I make my way back to Kashi's apartment, hoping he's there. He should be. I walk up the small set up steps, opening the door and walking in.

  "Anyone here?" I call out as I shut the door behind me, locking it.

  "Minato sensei" I hear a voice from the living room, then comes walking around the corner is Kakashi.

  "Ah, Kakashi, is Kashi here?" I ask him, he nods, pointing down the hall to the olders room. "Thank you, what have you been up to?" I ask Kakashi curiously, noticing he seems a bit down...more than usual. He shrugs, "nothing much" he says simply, I sigh, "alright then, I need to go talk to Kashi" I reply, deciding to let it go. Kakashi nods and goes back to the living room, lying on the couch and reading his book.

  I walk down the hall to Kashi's room, knocking on the door, "come in" I hear a voice from the other side say, I open the door, finding Kashi lying on his bed, also reading a book.

  "Oh, Minato sensei, where have you been?" Kashi asks, setting down his book and sitting up. I smile, "I was just hanging around with the students at the ramen stand" I answer, sitting down on the edge of the bed. Kashi nods, "I see, they're a crazy bunch aren't they" Kashi says with a chuckle, I nod agreeing, "sure are, but...I wanted to ask about something...or someone" I say more seriously, Kashi sighs, probably already knowing what I'm going to ask, "about Naruto right?" Kashi reads my mind. I nod, "he's so...similar to Kushina..." I mutter, Kashi nods his head knowingly. "He is, isn't he? And also looks so much like you" Kashi says with an eye smile, "and I'm sure you have sensed something different about him, right sensei?" I nod.

  "The nine tails...right...?" I say with a sad expression, I sigh, "that means..." Kashi nods, "Kushina did pass away..." Kashi says hesitantly, my body tenses as I clench my jaw. "Why Naruto though...? And...how did she...?" I say, not able to finish the sentence.

  "How about we save this chat for another time? I...want to tell you something else first" Kashi tells me, averting his gaze to his lap, "ok then...I'm listening" there's lots of time to find out anyway, I thought, ready to listen to whatever Kashi has to say.

-3rd person POV-

  Kashi proceeds to explain everything he had said to his younger version a bit ago, making sure to include every detail.

  Minato listens with intent, occasionally asking a couple questions, his body tensing ever so often.

  After about an hour of explaining, Kashi finishes his story.

"I already told little me that it was his choice if he wanted to prevent it from happening, and I'm going to say the same thing to you sensei...it's your choice" Kashi finishes.

  Minato sits there in disbelief, "...I'll...need time to think" Minato responds slowly, Kashi nods understanding, "Alright then, that's all for now" Kashi says, looking at his sensei, "we should get some sleep, have to get up early to meet the team" Kashi says with an eye small, Minato nods, "you're right...wait, what's the point of getting up so early if you're not going to show up until 3 hours after our time agreement" Minato interrogates.

  "Maa maa, no need to worry about that" Kashi shrugs off, Minato sighs, "we'll just start without you" Minato stands up, walking to the door.

  "See? Problem solved" Kashi says in a teasing tone, lighting up the mood, Minato chuckles, "good night Kashi" he says, before leaving, shutting the door behind him.

  Minato walks back into the living room, seeing Kakashi still lying on the couch reading his book.

  "See did he tell you?" Kakashi asks immediately, Minato nods, "he did...what do you think of it Kakashi?" Minato asks, the student shrugs, "not sure yet sensei, maybe what happened to Obito is karma for breaking the rules...or maybe just bad luck..." Kakashi explains, not taking his eyes off his book. Minato sighs, deciding to let his student think about this himself. 

"Goodnight Kakashi" Minato says, laying down in the futon on the floor, closing his eyes, Kakashi hums.

-Kashi POV-

  What a crazy day.

______________

I'm back :>

I wrote this while travelling, now I have a headache 😔

You will get some more Naruto content in the next couple chapters:>

Bye bye now ✨✨

1054 words