Chapter 62: Magnolia

Start from the beginning

"The hell? Get lost old man, this doesn't concern you."

"W-what are you doing here?!" Huh? I recognize that voice! A white flame envelopes M/n, illuminating the alleyway. I see Laki standing there with a bruise on her face.

"What's going on Laki?" He asks, walking towards them all again.

"I-I had just come out from the bank, I had to withdraw money for rent for this month and last so I had quite a bit, t-they must've seen me or known someone there who told them!" I groan and nod.

"Romeo is waiting behind the corner with his dad, go home with them for tonight, he might need your help with Macao too, he had more than a couple too many." M/n reaches the 3 of them, the 2 men step aside as Laki runs past, the raging white inferno around M/n serving as enough of a deterrent for the men to back off. "Where's the girl's cash?" The 2 men look to each other, then each pull out a small wad in a band. M/n snatches it from them and walks back towards us. "Here you go Laki, is that all of it?" She nods and bows to him, thanking him for helping her. He gives me an uncomfortable glance and puts his hands up. "I really don't do the whole bowing thing." He says waving his hands. "Makes me feel like a prick."

"You know, sometimes I had a hard time believing some of the stories Natsu and all of them told us about you. But then I see stuff like that..." He looks at her confused.

"Hey I didn't do anything Romeo couldn't do, nothing special, just what I should do, there's no danger in me taking on those guys so no worries, no biggie." The 2 men comes sprinting out of the alley, dashing away from M/n like sissies.

"What did you say to them?" M/n was ignoring me now though, his head and eyes darting around everywhere.

"Romeo, get them both out of he-" Before he can finish something rips through the wall of the building we were standing next to and tackles M/n, driving him into the dirt and up the street. M/n recovers and kicks them high into the air, but falls to a knee afterwards. "ROMEO!!" He snarls and looks over at me. "OUT OF HERE. NOW." I shakily nod and the 3 of us hightail it out of there.

Your POV

I turn towards the freaky looking dude. "Who are you?"

"You killed my massster. New massster sssent me." I watch as the long-tongued freak stares me down with webbed eyes.

"Your master? Who? No, you're from Diablos, aren't you?" I get down into a fighting stance. "You're one of those Dragon Eaters, correct?" The freak cackles and runs towards me on all fours.

Romeo POV

We burst into the empty guild hall, except for Wakaba passed out drunk and Mira cleaning up behind the bar.

"Romeo? Laki? What's going on?"

"Some freak is attacking M/n! We gotta help him!" I frantically look for the emergency communication lacrima that could reach each of the Fairy Hills residencies. Only a few people answer, but all who do immediately run out. I nod back to Romeo.

"Ok, leave your dad here with Laki, let's go."

Your POV

I swallow hard as I watch his teeth turn to fangs, and small patches of scales appear on his skin.

"Dragon Force... Shit." He rushes, and knocks me back down the street, he didn't just get stronger, he's doubled his power twice over, the hell kind of Dragon Force was this? He jumps up, clinging and running along the wall of a nearby building, then launches himself off of it towards me. Before he can get close though, an Arrow hits him and knocks him aside to the ground. "Sagittarius?" I peer over behind him, and see Lucy standing there with Levy and Cana. "What are you guys doing here?" I turn to them, although they all scream and point behind me. I feel what felt like a baseball bat being swung across my cheek and go careening up the street, sprawling past the girls. I get caught by something oddly soft though. I look around and see I had landed on Panther Lily. "Ah shit, you ok man?" He nods, looking slightly dazed. I look around and see Gajeel, Max, and Elfman standing there looking towards the strange guy.