Chapter 4: An Unexpected bath

My curiosity was just too much to resist going. I lifted my head off Ominis' shoulder and gave him a kiss on the cheek to show my gratitude. "Thanks, Ominis. You always find the right words." Ominis' cheeks tinted slightly pink, and he briefly widened his cloudy eyes. After that, I stood up and headed towards the Slytherin common room to freshen up a bit.

Sebastian's perspective

After sorting out all my stuff in the room, I headed over to have a chat with Ominis. When I arrived at the Transfiguration courtyard, I saw Y/N getting up next to Ominis. Y/N? She smiled at me as she passed by, and I felt those butterflies in my stomach again. She's so cute...

I sat down next to my best friend and watched Y/N with a smile until she disappeared behind the door. Letting out a sigh of relief, I stretched and cracked every bone in my spine. Leaning my elbow on my thigh, I rested my head in my hand.

"Hey Ominis, what did Y/N want from you?" He seemed a bit embarrassed, though I didn't know why. "H-Hey, Sebastian. Y/N just asked for my opinion. Are you done sorting out your books?" "Yeah, I've managed to tidy up the shelf a bit. What did Y/N want your opinion on?" I persisted.

Ominis took a deep breath and then started speaking again. "You won't give up until I tell you, will you?" "YES!" I nodded quickly, a wide grin on my face. "I want you to know that I'm telling you this because we're best friends, okay? We shouldn't have secrets from each other. Not after everything that happened last year..." He cleared his throat and then continued a bit faster. "And I'm asking you not to freak out." I sat up, frowning. It sounded like whatever he was about to say wouldn't sit well with me.

"So, you remember this morning when Garreth asked her to come to the boathouse, right?" "Mhm," I mumbled, feeling my stomach churn. I gripped the edges of the bench and huffed. "She asked me for my opinion on whether she should go to the boathouse or not."

I felt my blood start to boil. I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. "Sebastian... please calm down." "How about I pay Garreth a visit at the boathouse?" I growled through my teeth at Ominis. He placed his hand on my shoulder, his voice taking on a soothing tone. "Sebastian, I didn't tell her to go. I simply said it's her own decision. She was afraid of how you'd react if she went."

All the muscles in my body immediately relaxed. The anger within me vanished as quickly as it had come. "Really? She's concerned about what I'd think?" I hadn't expected her to consider my opinion. "Yes! And I'm asking you, Sebastian, don't confirm her fear by spying on her. I know you have the urge to." I sighed, acknowledging he was right. "I won't tail her. Fancy going for a Butterbeer? It's only five o'clock, and I could use some distraction." "Sure, why not." Ominis nodded, smiling at me. We got up and headed towards Hogsmeade.

Y/N's perspective

When I arrived at the common room, I immediately started rummaging through my wardrobe in my room. I contemplated what to wear but decided to just take off my waistcoat. Why bother dressing up? It's just Garreth. I left my shirt and tie as they were, adjusted my skirt once more, and then headed towards the boathouse.

Before the stairs leading to the boathouse, I paused briefly, taking a deep breath. I walked down the steps and found Garreth already waiting for me. "There's the lovely girl I've been waiting for. Are you alright?" Garreth's remark made my cheeks blush slightly. But I wasn't really interested in small talk. I was eager to know why he wanted to see me.

"Yeah, I'm alright, Garreth, thanks for asking. Would you mind telling me why you asked me to come here?"

We sat on the edge of the boathouse, dangling our feet over the water. It was a bit chilly, and the setting sun cast a beautiful warm glow on the water.