Huo Junxian leaned against the bed, the whale lamp on the bedside emitting a faint light. She flipped through more than ten pages in a row, not reading a single word. In her ears echoed the word "love."

Love...

As she was about to close the book, her eyes caught a single character, "思" (si).

【After some contemplation, he told his lover, "I shouldn't have done that. I should give the gold coin to Sophia."

"But, dear, we have three children to feed. Perhaps we can keep one gold coin."

"If God notices our poor family, he should give me a new pair of shoes." The son sighed, his feet cracked from the winter cold.

"Maybe we should keep two gold coins."

"Why don't we keep three? Perhaps this is God's gift."

"Yeah, Sophia might be God. She's really generous."

So, their poor neighbor Sophia went to meet God in this cold winter.】

This character was ordinary among the text. To find it, one needed to count patiently. Yet, it stood out and caught Huo Junxian's eye instantly.

She looked out of the window, and the cold wind showed no sign of stopping.

On the second floor, Gu Siyu covered herself with a blanket. Her gaze was also fixed on the window, which was tightly closed and finely crafted. The window was tightly closed and finely crafted, making no noise despite the violent wind outside.

During the night, Gu Siyu fell into a deep sleep. She had a dream where her hands and feet were caught, and though she tried to move, she couldn't. When she tried to speak, her voice was mute. As she struggled, her legs twisted into the blanket, causing her to break into a sweat.

"Gu Siyu," Huo Junxian's voice fell into her ears, domineering and unstoppable, "Stop hurting yourself all the time."

"Let go, I don't want you." Gu Siyu roared in a muffled voice.

She struggled recklessly, indifferent to whether she was injured or not. Accustomed to pain, she even hoped for more scars on her body. Scars would heal, and the skin would become thick and rough, making the next cut less painful.

"I also feel that it really hurts."

This time, it wasn't Gu Siyu speaking. It was the person behind her. The person leaning on her shoulder let go, pressing down on her, the voice hoarse, expressing the thorn in her heart.

When she woke up, Gu Siyu got up from the bed. Holding her clothes, she went to take a shower. When it was time to put on shoes, she looked down at her ankles. Winter clothes were thick, and she hadn't broken the skin. She had twisted her ankle yesterday, but it wasn't very painful today; it was almost healed.

Gu Siyu went to take a shower, and when washing her ankles, she bent her body to knead them, feeling a layer of ointment being washed off, making her skin smooth.

Coming out, Gu Siyu randomly picked a piece of clothing from the wardrobe. She pushed open the door, almost stepping on the medicine box sent over yesterday. The medicine box was still there; she picked it up and placed it on the coffee table downstairs.

Huo Junxian placed the prepared meal on the table. Today, there were two more people at the dining table—Chen Tao and the doctor from yesterday. However, most of the dishes were still tailored to Gu Siyu's taste, as usual.

Gu Siyu sat down to eat with chopsticks. Huo Junxian said, "Wash your hands."

Gu Siyu went to the kitchen to wash and came out, wiping her hands with a tissue.