At this point, mediation was useless for anyone. Gradually, their voices became the background music of the bustling city. If they walked a little further away, even by a step, Huo Junxian would chase after them, firmly grabbing Gu Siyu and pulling her back, causing He Xiao to stagger forward with them.

He Xiao busied herself trying to pry Huo Junxian's hand off Gu Siyu but was pushed away. The two were locked in a struggle, and she felt like an outsider, unable to immerse herself in their war.

She stood there, bewildered, until a tall man approached. It was evident he was coming towards her.

Gu Siyu roared angrily, "Huo Junxian, dare to touch her and see."

Gu Siyu shielded He Xiao behind her, tightly protecting her. The scene stimulated Huo Junxian, and her eyes were stung fiercely.

She stood still, adapting to these pains.

Gu Siyu hailed a taxi on the roadside, making sure it was a female driver before letting He Xiao get in.

He Xiao pinched her clothes, "Siyu..."

Gu Siyu didn't hear anything, giving the destination to the female driver. She walked to the back, helping He Xiao close the car door. He Xiao's hand had been reluctant to let go.

"Go back, have a good sleep, and treat it as if nothing happened." Gu Siyu's breath was intermittent. She said, "I'm sorry, He Xiao."

Sorry for what?

Sorry for causing her to lose her job, or sorry for not liking her.

Impossible to know, and she didn't dare to ask.

He Xiao's fingers gradually loosened, and with a bang as the car door closed.

The car moved slowly, and in the rearview mirror, the figures of the two people arguing on the roadside could still be seen.

Even if she confessed, she couldn't integrate into Gu Siyu's heart. She was moving away, and the city was retreating.

The city lights reflected on the car window. She covered her mouth, not wanting to cry too unsightly.

The driver said, "Little sister, how about opening the window for some fresh air?"

"No need for fresh air." He Xiao continued wiping away tears. Since the day they met, Gu Siyu always took her out to get some fresh air whenever they were upset. Whether standing on the balcony or walking on the street, she would think of Gu Siyu every time the wind blew. Gu Siyu was like the wind, unable to understand colors, unable to see shapes.

Love, hidden and concealed, quietly given up, treated as an unrequited crush, wouldn't be too painful.

She took it lightly. When she learned that someone didn't love her, had no future, she would suppress her feelings and treat it as an ordinary crush.

Today, being exposed like this, hearing "You're good" and "I'm sorry," wasn't something worth celebrating. It hurt so much that her heart seemed to stop beating.

---

"Don't touch me, damn it."

"Stay away from me, just like this, stop!"

Gu Siyu prevented Huo Junxian from approaching.

Huo Junxian standing under a tree. She clenched her clothes tightly, looking helpless and awkward. This time, she didn't approach Gu Siyu recklessly as before.

For the first time, she quietly listened to Gu Siyu speaking. Sensing the words "go and embrace her" and "go, make her belong only to you" echoing in her sensitive nerves, her movements slowed down. She stood under the tree, feeling her heart tearing apart, a wound forcefully opened.