Chapter 8- Sword stigma

I'm embarrassed now. Professor has been staring at me since  lunch. We're back in the office now and working but he's staring at me... My god I can't focus..

  Did I said something bad? He said he'll introduce me to someone later if I grew up a little but I'm not interested. The man I'm talking about earlier is my benefactor.

  Althought I don't know his name I'm sure he's from the Demon Kingdom since we can only find the Red-eyed people there.

  I met him when I was eight years old. I was stuck in the storage room of the imperial castle when I attended a tea party for kids but they only made fun of me and locked me in the storage. They forgot to open it so I stayed there until night and then a man with silver hair and red eyes save me. He's scary but that's the first time I felt warmth from the world.

   He might be married now since he's so handsome ... but I told Sir that I'm into a red eyes so he won't i troduce anyone. I don't want to get married at all, not until I'd lifted my curse.

  I keep doing my job and Professor left without saying anything. I'm already used with his ghostly style and I not really curious what he's up to.

  Dinner time came and he's not back yet so I ate dinner first to boost my energy. I still have five inches thick papers left in my table, I'm tired but I need to finish them before the  night ends. I don't want to dissapoint Sir since he's the first person who acknowledge my talent.

"..."

.....

  I felt a disturbance with the border line between our continent and the Dark continent so I quickly teleported to get. It took me three hours to arrive here and I've used a huge amount of mana. I'm a little dizzy but it tolerable.

  I checked the barrier crystal and it's cracked. I have to infuse my magic to fix it. This is actually the magic barrier that forbid the Dark continent monsters from invading our continent. Unlike the Demon in the Demon kingdom the creatures in the Dark continnent are cannibal. They're brutal and eats anything whether its demon or humans. That's why we put barrier so they won't come in and cause chaos here.

  Ow the great mage and a sword grandmaster from the Hylos Empire is here too.

"Greetings You're Highness" They both said with curtesy and I also show my curtesy. This couple is the descendant of my old friends and since humans had short lifespan they're dead now but they left some descendant like this two .

"It's been a while Duke Von Privos, your sense are getting better" I said and he lauged.

"Well I'm getting old now"

  We exchanged conversation about the crystal, it's been thirty years since we changed the crystal here and it suddenly cracked which is not good. We're suspecting that someone might did it but there's no traces so we can't find evidence here.

  After few hours we restored the crystal with it's original state. Duke Von  Pravis invited me in a dinner and I can't refuse him cause he's a Duke after all so I'll join him.

  Zedayah might be eating on her own now. There's a lot of food at home, she could just eat or cook when she's hungry anyway.

  When we arrived at Duke's mansion. People greated me politely and unlike from the people in the Reinhart Emipire, the people here doesn't seem to scared of me.

  We dine in the dining hall and this family seems doing well. Frean must be proud if he saw his descendant growing strong since they're all obsessed with swords.

"I heard you had seven children but where's the other one" I asked cause because they only  introduced six kids to me. Four boy and two girls, I hear he had a three daughter and the youngest are around nineteen or twenty years old. I met that kid but I can't really remember but I'm sure I sent back a kid here years ago.

"She became a wonderer" The Duke said. So the youngest broke the family rules? What a guts .

  Von Pravis had a strange family norm ever since. Man will remain at home even they got married and woman should leave the house after getting married but they have to come home when they're asked or if they had a family dinner. No absents and lates are allowed during meeting.  That's how they managed to expand their family strength and even their married daughter is away, their familial ties remain.

"She's the family blacksheep anyway so it's not a lost of our family even she' s gone" The second son said. Hmm it seems like they're not in good terms but  I don't care anyway.

   While we're eating, they're bragging about this and that like their typical attitude. But after talking too much none of them mentioned the youngest one and there's only eight people in the family portrait so I got a clussion that they're not fond with the youngest.

  Humans usually dotes the youngest but it seems different with this people. They had blond hair and golden eyes like Frean their anscestor, it's giving me a nostalgic feeling when I last saw my close friend.

  After dinner I bid farewell since It's late now. I can feel a honey trap from the second daughter but I just ignored her. I hate proactive ladies specially the attitudes, it disgust me.

  When I arrived home, I'm really tired. I will use teleportation scroll next time. Hmm? My office light is still on? She's still there?

  I head in my office and she's indeed here but sleeping on the table. Does giving her thousand papers a day is too much?

  I take a look at her table and it seems she's done. Why she's sleeping here instead of her room?

  Ow... She's reading books. Hmm?alchemy? Where did she get that? The black witches burn all the alchemy sacred scriptures two hundred years ago so how come she had this books? It dangerous if other found out about it... How careless of her.

"Hmm Sir?" She's awake.

"Take a rest now, anyway good job. Not bad for beginner" I said and she staring blankly. She's half sleep? Does she had this hobby?

"Kid, go back to your room" I said and she reluctanly stand up like a zombie-

"Ahhh!"

  She's tripped on her own and was about to fall so I grabbed her clothes before realizing it .

I accidentally torn her clothes. It's torn and exposed her back- oh! So slender, fair and smooth- she had a sword stigma?

"I- I'll go now sir.. Goodnight!!!!" She said and run away.

  Ow...did I saw something I shouldn't have? But that stigma are the same like Frean... The Sword blessing that being inherit each generations and only visible once you become an aura user but my demons eyes are exception since I can see through anything.

  Interesting... I think I won't be bored this generation.

To be continued.