bitter | price

Reader is often referred to as sweets. This story leans more towards the country cowboy aspect , sort of strays away from the military aspect. Singer/performer Price cuz im bored. HE'S AMERICAN IN THIS CUZ GRAHH he looks country coded ok.
female reader/pronouns.

Narrator's pov.
It had been another night of performing and tonight would be just a repeat of the same scene in a different setting.

Price was speaking into the microphone, looking over the stadium. It was filled and tickets were sold out in minutes all to see him.

He had launched his career years ago after leaving the military. He figured it'd be a fun thing to do in his free time but somehow just ended up taking his entire life.

Currently, he was just taking in the feeling. He had never imagined this would've happened, so wrapped up in the military life he'd been tangled in he just never thought something like this would work out. But here he was, and there were the people. His people.

"Right folks, this next one's special." he pauses. "sweets, I know you're over there, I can't see you but I know you're there." he laughs and the crowd cheers.

"This one's for you. I love you sweetheart." at that, the crowd erupts and the band starts playing.

She stands at the vip booth, eyes sparkling. Her hands were held to her chest and a smile splayed on her face. There were visibly people recording and calling for her but all she could see now was him and all she could hear were his words.

The screams in the crowd grew and they were having the time of their lives. The thing is, because of the fact that this song was written for her it grew popular and became one of those songs that made you listen to an artist.

Slowly as he circles the stage, eyeing each sign and each camera the sparkle in his eyes grow. He shakes his head, chuckling as he sings.

"You guys are crazy." he manages to say through the singing. They cheer and he could only smile wider.

"C'mon sing it with me, I know y'all can."

And that they did.

Each and every word.

The love in the air, the happiness, the cheers and the tears. All of it was worth every single hour they put into making this happen.

"I love you guys."

۝

"I love ya, sweets, I'm tellin' you." he chuckles before pulling her in. The show had just finished and he had just made his way to the back where she'd been waiting. They were still visible to others, so it wasn't surprising when they heard cheers all around.

He kissed her cheek and forehead before placing a hand on her back. As they turned and waved goodbye to the fans, she felt his lips on the side of her head.

"I'm so grateful for you, you know that?" he says. At that she turns to meet his eyes. It was evident that the redness and sweat from the concert had covered their features but all that didn't matter.

She smiles, leaning in to kiss his cheek. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks for stayin', baby." he sighs out. "Couldn't have done it without you."

"You're so bitter. I'm literally your sweetener."

"You cheeky girl."

۝

"I fuckin' told you he was there." He seethes at her. An argument, there'd been a dispute between Price and an ex-military soldier.

"Sorry." was all she could whisper.