bonnie (3) | ghost

Vincenzo pov.
I open the door for y/n as she wordlessly steps out of her room and heads for the kitchen.

I glance around everyone before nodding and following her.

She takes a seat at the table and stares out the window. I grab two glasses and fill them up with water before walking over to where she's seated and handing her a glass.

"How are you settling in?" I ask her as she takes a sip of her water.

"Okay. Feels better now that the others are here." She replies, and I know she's referring to Bianchi and Nicolai.

There's a comfortable silence before she chooses to break it.

"Do you think I got better?" she voices.

She has never been one to show what she's feeling, even with us. But it's times like these where I get that reassurance that she is still my sister.

"Definitely. It's obvious." I answer truthfully. "You're doing better, physically and emotionally. I know you like I know myself. You've done so well and one of these days I hope you realise it." I grab her hand.

She glances at our hands and she smiles. "Thank you, Vince."

I smile before we both hear the familiar footsteps of our brothers walking into the kitchen. We both turn to the entryway where the two are standing.

Bianchi leans against the wall as Nicolai stands behind him.

"You guys doing good?" Bianchi asks. He notices our hands, glancing from them back to us.

Before I can say anything, y/n answers. "Just fine."

Bianchi raises his brows before he walks over to take a seat in front of us as Nic follows suite. Bianchi takes a seat across from our sister and Nic takes a seat across from me.

I get up and offer them a drink to which they both agree to. I walk over yo grab their glasses as I hear them start conversation.

"You healthy, bambina? Haven't seen you in a month. I see you're doing better." Bianchi starts, he's the eldest amongst us, he's always babying her and I don't blame him. If not a good father, she has good brothers.

"Yes, I've been better. It seems everyone sees so too." she replies. "Even then, people seem to want to know the worst parts of me." she says.

There's a silence before Nicolai breaks it.

"Your past doesn't define y-" "then what is it that made me who I am today?" y/n interrupts.

"now bambi don't -" Bianchi tries to interject but y/n beats him to it.

"Shut it, Bianchi." at this point I come back with two glasses and a stern expression.

"Y/n." I start as she breaks her hard gaze from Bianchi to me. "You know better than this, bambi."

She holds her gaze before I see her eyes glisten.

She's always closed off around other people. Around her family, around her blood though, that seems to be a lie. Around us, she breaks so easily. We don't mind it though, atleast she trusts us enough to see her through.

We stare at each other before a lone tear slips down her face. I gaze at her for a moment more before I sigh and place the glasses down and walk over to her, pulling her to my chest.

She tries to holds her sobs, yet it's no use. "You're tired, y/n. Let go. Let loose. You're safe, you know that." I caress the back of her head. I turn my head towards Bianchi and Nicolai who are sitting wordlessly at the table, staring as the scene unfold.