Ch 13: Donut's the new host?

Start from the beginning

When you uncovered you looked around. Four and X were... gone?

"Four's gone!" Blocky said.

"Yeah. Makes sense, because Four times zero is... zero." Golf Ball said, as Donut stood up with a confused look.

"It's zero and nothing else!" Tennis Ball said.

"We did it!" Grassy said, their team cheering.

"Oh! I'm saved from the zappies!" Nickle said.

"But without Four, how will we know whether David or Roboty is out?" Balloony questioned.

"Tv! Calculate!" Golf Ball said.

Tv started to calculate the votes, revealing Roboty to be eliminated with 8,254 votes. With David only having 4955 votes.

"There's your answer!" Golf Ball said.

"Ah, well... goodbye Roboty. R-Roboty? Where is he?" Balloony questioned, as Roboty was nowhere to be seen.

"Guys. I despise Four as much as the rest of you, but without Four, how will we know what the sixth contest is?" Pin asked.

"Well, Four became a... FACTOR of zero... If you know what I mean..." Tennis Ball said, as he and Golf Ball stared at each other.

"Stop that! There's not even a second meaning there! Also, my name's Donut, not Zero." Donut said.

"What those sport globules are trying to to tell you, bagel brain, is that you get to choose the contest."

"Oh, wow. That's actually something I like to hear." Donut said.

"So... what do you have in mind for the sixth contest?" You asked.

"Well, I've got a special substance that I haven't had the opportunity to use until now!" Donut said.

You watched as Donut pulled out a syringe filled with a strange rainbow liquid. You stared in confusion as he injected himself with it.

"Now I've got the twinkle of contagion." Donut said, throwing away the syringe.

"You mean... the TINKLE of contagion?" Gelatin said while giggling to himself.

"Gelatin! Why do you always have to act like you're 6 years old?" Donut said in an annoyed tone.

"Cause I am." Gelatin replied.

"Donut, how does this tinkle relate to the contest?" Book questioned.

"Yeah... If you so much as look at someone with the tinkle, the tinkle is transferred to you. Whoever has the tinkle after three hours is up... Their team loses." Donut explained.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The contest had begun, and the tinkle was being passed around a lot. You had put on some bandages around your eyes, effectively working as a makeshift blindfold. You tested it out by looking in the general direction of where all the screaming was coming from. Sure enough, you didn't get the tinkle.

"Team Death P.A.C.T.! Close your eyes! If you never see the twinkle, you'll never lose." Tree said.

"Good plan." Pie said, as she accidently walked into a hole.

You sat down on the ground, tilting your head down. Three whole hours sounded like a long time, especially with a makeshift blindfold. You groaned, realizing that this contest would take a lot longer than you had hoped.

3 Minutes later...

You overheard that team Better Namers were getting on a rocket ship to go to the moon to escape the twinkle. You weren't sure if the objects could survive on the moon without oxygen, but at this point anything seemed to be possible.

Sure enough, you heard the rocket blast off, so you looked up and took off your makeshift blindfold. There it was, the rocket was flying straight into the air, along with team [eight names at once] holding onto the rocket?

You quickly put your makeshift blindfold back on, since you didn't want to get the twinkle. Someone could easily take off your blindfold and then transfer the twinkle to you though...

But at least you had some form of protection, you weren't sure about the rest of your team though...

56 Minutes Later...

The blindfold was doing it's job well. But you were getting bored out of your mind. At least you have a better understanding of what blind people have to go through...

All of a sudden, you heard the twinkle being transferred rapidly. You wondered who was doing it, but you didn't want to take the risk.

"What's that noise?" Pen questioned.

"Remember, Death P.A.C.T., keep your eyes closed." Tree told the team.

"But... I gotta know what that... sound is." Pen said and opened his eyes.

"Dangit..." Pen said, as you heard the twinkle's noise get louder.

"Hey Free Food! Look at me!" Pen shouted.

"Geez, we're not THAT gullible." Bell said.

"Two hours left!" Pen said, looking up at the clouds which showed how much time was left in the contest.

At least you had an idea of how much time was left, but that didn't help that only a third of the time had passed. You needed to occupy your mind.

Maybe how you were a lot more fit than before? You noticed that you had lost some weight, and felt a lot lighter on your feet. It made you feel great, since you were becoming healthier.

You then sat on the ground and started to meditate. There wasn't much you could do while blindfolded, unless you wanted to risk being up for elimination. You felt your body relax as you took a few deep breaths.

1 hour Later...

You took off the makeshift blindfold, since you couldn't endure wearing it any longer. You blinked a few times, letting your eyes adjust from the total darkness.

Looking around, it was already nighttime. You sighed, looking up at the clouds in the sky. There was only one more hour left before the challenge was over.

At this point you're bored out of your mind, and didn't have any means to entertain yourself at the moment. Everything felt so slow... and you didn't want to stay awake for much longer.

You ended up deciding that you would take a nap. So you put your head on the ground, moving around until you found a comfortable position. Then you feel asleep.

59 Minutes and 30 seconds later...

You were suddenly woken up by the sound of someone screaming. After putting your makeshift blindfold on, you heard the sound of something breaking.

You heard the same sound again, and again. It made you wonder what was going on, but you didn't dare take off your blindfold.

Then you heard the twinkle being transferred at a rapid pace, before stopping. You were confused as to why it suddenly stopped.

"Three hours are up! Clock has the twinkle, so the Losers, fittingly, lose." Donut announced.

"I was only trying to help... A working clock is still wrong twice a day!" Clock said.

"Uhh I don't think that's quite true." Cake said.

"Hhh. You know what he means, Cake. Even winners make mistakes sometimes." Loser said to Cake.

You took off your makeshift blindfold and put it in your pocket. You were glad that the challenge was finally over.

You went to your team's home and got into the shower. Today, you were going to spoil yourself. You spent over 15 minutes in the shower, since you needed to feel refreshed.

After the shower, you went into the kitchen and ate some leftovers. You felt mentally exhausted, and just wanted to sleep. Which you did, falling asleep nearly instantly the moment you got into your bed.

You hoped that the next contest would be far shorter...