CHAPTER 17! acting like they wanted nothing to do with the other

Start from the beginning

"no. no, i refuse. i refuse. i will not." cherry shook her head, immediately.

"i can't stand her." percy agreed.

"you know all you talk about is each-other? never anything good, but.." annabeth trailed off. "just make sure to stick together."

"ugh, fine!" cherry huffed. "bye, grover. bye, annie."

the redhead took 2 steps away.

she ran back quickly.

"bye, grover!" cherry squeezed grover as tight as she could. "okay, bye, grover! i miss you already. grover. grover, bye! okay, bye!"

"bye, cher." grover giggled, and hugged her back.

cherry took a step back.

"okay, go away! wait! grover, bye!" cherry waved him off.

"hurry up, strawberry." percy complained.

annabeth and grover were about to split up.

"what do i say to him if i find him first?" grover asked, quickly.

"nothing. meet me here and you'll take me to him." annabeth shook off the question.

"but can't grover just-" cherry began to question.

"yeah. of course." grover smiled, which paused.

they split up.

cherry made sure to walk at least one foot ahead of percy at all times.

she said it was her personal bubble.

she didn't want to get a virus.

"where's hermes at?" cherry glanced around at the crowds. "he always sings at me. it's kinda strange."

"he's probably trying to scare you away. i wish i could do that." percy complained.

"you already do."

"do you ever wake up and look in the mirror and accidentally scream?"

"no, i start bawling my eyes out because of how insanely beautiful i am."

percy rolled his eyes.

the pair tried to focus on the quest.

they had an odd habit of doing that. acting like they wanted nothing to do with the other, but then going back to fighting in the next instant.

"i know you don't know anybting, but.. why can't grover just talk to him?" percy questioned, all of a sudden.

"use context clues, stupid." cherry glared. "me and annabeth talked about it. she was with like for a while, before grover found them."

"so?"

"so annabeth knows a little more about luke's parents than grover would know. but i still feel bad for grover."

"i don't like the way you said that. grover knows a lot."

"the way i said what? i love grover. don't be stupid."