8. HELLO, LITTLE WOLF

The next few days it was the same, Hayley came in around lunch time to order her gumbo and coke. 

Cordelia started to get to know a bit about her. She learned that she was 19 years old and was adopted when she was a baby, though her adoptive parents kicked her out when she was fourteen. Cordelia didn't ask why as she could tell Hayley wasn't ready to tell her the reason. 

"I pretty much grew up on my own"

She came to New Orleans from Mystic Falls in search of her family, though she doesn't really know where to start. That sounded familiar

Currently Hayley was looking for a job as she was starting to run low on money. "Well, since you're nineteen, I don't think I can get you a spot here at the bar" she said somewhat apologetically. "But I do know this family owned coffee shop that I go to... I can see if they are in need of a new barista?"  

Hayley smiled brightly. "That would be great" she replied.

"Where are you staying right now?" Cordelia asked, curiously.

Hayley sighed and leaned back on the bar chair she was sitting in. "The shitty Sunny motel" she mumbled. "Only thing I could afford".

The Sunny motel wasn't only shitty, but also very sketchy. Not the safest motel to stay in. Cordelia knew that and didn't like that the teen was all on her own there.

"Listen, I get we don't know each other that well, but I do have a small spare bedroom. Well it's more an office with a pullout bed, but that's beside the point. Why don't you stay with me" Cordelia offered.

Cordelia could see Hayley contemplating as the brunette stared at her. "I don't have much to offer you" she said quietly as she looked down at her hands.

Cordelia waved her hand. "Pshh don't worry about money, that's not an issue. I'd be happy to know you're not at a sketchy place by yourself... plus I'll get a roommate!" she said smiling big, trying to reassure the girl.

Hayley looked back up to Cordelia with a grateful smile. "Thank you, I really appreciate it".

Cordelia waved her off. "No biggie, we'll go get your stuff after my shift" she said and Hayley nodded, smiling.

***************

Klaus entered Rousseau's expecting to see his witch behind the bar, but instead to his surprise it was that blonde girl, Camille, who Marcel seemed to fancy. He walked up to the bar and Camille brought her attention to him. "What can I get you?" she asked, smiling.

"Is Cordelia around?"

The blonde's smile dropped and looked at him skeptically. After a moment she shook her head. "She finished her shift about an hour ago. She switched shifts with me".

Klaus only hummed in response before turning and leaving.