6. THE BAYOU

Of course Cordelia didn't keep spare boots in her car. She was lucky that her and Rebekah had the same shoe size which allowed Cordelia to borrow some combat boots that were practically never worn.

Cordelia sat quietly on the passenger side, staring out the window as Klaus drove them out to the bayou which was just outside New Orleans. She could tell they were getting close as the buildings, houses and cars started to disappear being replaced by grass, water, and trees.

Soon enough the car came to a stop. "We're here" Klaus stated putting the car in park, turning it off and then removing his seatbelt. First time he spoke since they got into the car and he started driving them off.

Cordelia took off her seatbelt and opened the car door getting out of his Range Rover. She took a moment to look at her surroundings. It was wet and full of trees and the grass almost reaching her knees. She stretched a bit trying to wake up her legs that now felt dull from sitting in the car.

"Let's see if we can find anything this way" she heard Klaus just behind her, startling her for a moment as she didn't hear him. Cordelia turned around to face him, nodding her head. She trailed behind him as he lead them. 

They walked through the dirt, passing trees upon trees. It must have been a good forty-five minutes when Cordelia's feet started to hurt. She saw a a big log ahead deciding she needed to sit for a moment. "Give me a minute" she said as she walked over to the log and sat. 

They've been walking and walking and got nothing. No sight of any wolves or anything. No nothing. She felt Klaus' eyes on her as she stared down at her muddy boots. She heard shuffling of leaves and then the log slightly shifting a bit as Klaus came and sat down beside her.

The two sat in silence, birds chirping here and there. The breeze hitting the trees making some leaves fall off them. Suddenly Cordelia started removing her boots. Klaus looked at her oddly. She got up and removed her leather jacket placing it on top of the log. As she started to unbutton her white silk blouse, she suddenly stop midway as she looked up at Klaus who was now looking at her amused and with a smirk on his face.

"Do you mind" she asked.

"Not at all love, please continue" he said smirking suggestively. Cordelia rolled her eyes. She wanted to wipe that stupid smirk off his face.

"Turn around Klaus" she stated. 

"You're no fun" he said as he stood up, turning around to face the other direction. He heard the sound of the zipper from her jeans being pulled. He suddenly heard bones cracking and then nothing. Then there was rustling of leaves on the ground. He slowly turned around to see Cordelia gone and instead saw a wolf with beautiful white fur and amber eyes.