7. EAT YOUR VEGGIES

Cordelia awoke in a bed she didn't recognize. She glanced around the room when she saw her clothes neatly folded on the chair near a floor lamp that was turned on. Glancing toward the open curtain window, she saw it was dark out.

She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand trying to shake the sleep off of her before she got out of the bed and stood in front of a floor length mirror. She was changed into a loose black shirt and grey sweatpants. 

The last thing she remembered was getting in the car with Klaus driving back to his place from the bayou. She must have fallen asleep in the car on their drive back.  

Cordelia grabbed her clothes and creeped out of the bedroom slowly, making her way out into the hall. "Rebekah, love, eat your veggies" she heard Klaus say downstairs. 

"Screw you Nik. This was not part of the bloody plan" she heard Rebekah say back.

"Watch it little sister. I did what I needed to do" Klaus replied.

"By bloody daggering our brother? I do not recall that as part of the plan" Rebekah yelled. "Am I next?"

Cordelia slowly descended the stairs trying to listen on what was going on. What did she mean by dagger? Cordelia wondered to herself.

"I need Marcel to trust me. The only way to do that is if I gave Elijah while being daggered. You don't think he would question why Elijah would go to him so freely? Elijah needed to be daggered to make it look believable so that Marcel doesn't question it" Klaus replied calmly.

"I still don't like this. You could've told Elijah about you planning to dagger him when giving him to Marcel".

Cordelia was at the end of the steps listening to all this waiting for the right time to make herself known to the hybrid and the original in the dining room.

"You can come out now love" she heard Klaus call upon her.

Cordelia cleared her throat and stepped into the dining room and into view seeing both the hybrid and original sitting at the dining table in front of food.

"I didn't mean to interrupt your family quarrel" she replied looking at both Rebekah and Klaus who were sitting across one another. 

Klaus smirked. "Nonsense, come sit love, you must be hungry" he said gesturing to the seat next to Rebekah. 

Cordelia however didn't move from her spot. "I should actually get going. I just wanted to apologize for staying in your hair for this long. Didn't mean to fall asleep" she said looking at Klaus. "Also, thanks for the spare clothes" she said gesturing to the shirt and sweats she was in. "I'll wash them and give em back to you".

"Don't worry about it love" Klaus replied still smirking. 

"And don't worry" Rebekah started. "I'm the one who changed you".

Cordelia looked visibly relieved as she was awkwardly standing there. "Right, thanks. I'm just gonna go now" she said gesturing towards the door. 

Before Klaus could say anything she was walking out the front door towards her car. She quickly got in and started her car. As she was driving away from the Mikaelson mansion she glanced at her rear-view mirror seeing Klaus standing outside watching her drive off.

***************

The next few days were quiet for Cordelia. She went to work, did some errands, and went home. She hasn't seen or heard from Klaus since the day they went to the bayou, and for some reason she kind of missed his presence. Weird

She pushed past her thoughts of Klaus when the door of Rousseau's swung opened. She looked up from the glass she was drying to see the brunette girl who's been coming here everyday for the past four days during lunchtime.

Cordelia put down the glass in her hand as the brunette girl sat at the bar.

"Let me guess, your usual of gumbo and a glass of coke?"

The brunette nodded her head giving her a smile. "Coming right up" Cordelia said before heading to the kitchen to get the girl her bowl of gumbo. She quickly scooped some of the freshly made gumbo done by Sophie and put it into a bowl before heading back out.

Cordelia headed back out and placed the bowl in front of the girl along with a spoon and then went over to the mini fridge to get a can of coke, placing it in front of the girl.

"Thank you" the brunette said before she dug in.

Cordelia eyed the girl for a second. "Not judging or anything, but how come you get the same exact thing every time you come in?" she asked. 

The brunette looked up at Cordelia and swallowed her food. "The gumbo's good, plus it's the only thing I can afford right now besides milk and cereal" she said shrugging. "I'm new in town".

Cordelia hummed in understanding. "You've been a regular for the past couple of days, how about I get a name" she said trying to lighten the mood.

The girl laid her spoon down in her bowl and took a sip of her coke. "Hayley Marshall" she replied.

"I'm Cordelia. Catapang. Cordelia Catapang" she said extending her hand towards the girl. "But call me Cordy" she continued giving the girl a smile.

Hayley shook Cordelia's hand and smiled back. The door of Rousseau's swung open again and enetered the usual elderly couple who headed towards their usual table. 

"I'll be right back, if you need anything else just give me a shout" Cordelia said giving the girl a playful wink before heading towards the couple.

***************************

A/N: Short chapter, but wanted to finally introduce Hayley into the story! Here she is.