"I.. I'm sorry, but I should leave" I sigh, bringing my hands up to his, I take his arms off me and help him lie down in his coffin. He holds his hands over his face, hiding his tears from me as he curled in on himself. "I need to go home. And you know it isn't safe here for me.." I hesitantly admit to him.

"I know.. because of me, I'll only hurt you.." He sniffles, wiping at his tears before staring at me. "But I'll try not too" a small smile forms on his face, I smile back. He props himself up with his elbow, he lifts one of his hands and motions for me to come closer. I'm unsure for a moment, but I lean a bit closer to him. He sits up, hugging me again, pressing his lips and nose against my neck. I immediately grasp one of his wrists. "I said I won't hurt you. I won't try too.." He whispers, his lips moving to my jaw. "I would never forgive myself if I was the cause of your death.." He mumbles against my skin.

I gently push him back, scared he'd attack me. I was terrified. His eyes show his true intentions behind his sweet demeanor. I knew he didn't want to hurt me though, I could sense it. It was like how a child eats a candy bar on the counter even though they know they'll only get in trouble later. It was an urge. An urge he couldn't control even if his life depended on it. "I'm sorry.." I mutter to him. He places his hands on the sides of my face.

"This isn't your fault. It's mine" He frowns, tears forming in his eyes again. His hands slide down to my neck, to my shoulders. "Sweetheart, don't tell me you're scared of me. Please.." He shakily questions me.

"I'm.. I'm not" I hesitate. "You should get some rest now.."  I take his hands from my shoulders, holding them in my palms before he retracts them and lies down.

"You're right. You should go home. Somewhere where you're safe" He tugs his small, blue blanket over his body and curls up before he turns away from me. "Bye.."

I push myself to my feet. "Goodnight, Alex" I turn my body away from him, I sadly can't take my eyes off of him, to paranoid to do so. Half of me is scared he'll jump up and hurt me, the other half is scared he'll hurt himself. I look to the bedroom door when I hear a quiet hum. Wilbur leans against the doorframe again, his expression saddened by my own. I quietly walk over to him, both of us stare at Alex in silence.

"Are you scared of him..?" Wilbur asks, glancing at me and then staring back at Alex.

"Terrified.." I admit.

We see Alex shuffle underneath his blankets, we take that as our cue to leave. Wil leaves the room first, I slide past him and he pulls the door closed. "He's not always like this, y'know.." Wilbur mutters, hesitantly letting go of the door and moving his eyes to me. "He's not. He's a good guy that just can't control his natural instincts" He adds. I nod at his attempts to defend his friend.

"I believe you, Wil. You don't need to defend him, I'm just scared for my safety.." I explain. He walks past me and I follow him. "I mean, you guys are really the only people in my age range that I hang out with, it's not like I'm just gonna stop hanging out with you guys because of this.." I ramble, Wilbur turns his head to me for a moment before he continues walking.

"We're not quite in your age range.." He awkwardly places a hand on the back of his neck and laughs.

"What do you mean? You guys are in your twenties, right?" I ask, watching as he takes a seat on the couch.

He pats the spot next to him, I walk over and sit down. "Well.. I was turned when I was twenty two, but I'm actually about three hundred and seventy two years old.." He shrugs and grabs the wine that sat on the small table in front of us, also grabbing a wine glass that was next to the bottle.

My eyes widen as he stares at the wine pouring out of the bottle and into the glass. "Three hundred and seventy two?" I repeat what he had said. He hesitantly shrugs again and sets the wine bottle down before taking a sip of his wine.