Chapter 4

They all went into the elevator and Orion was very close to Orchid who definetely wanted to kill him. Eventually gannet had to get off. They didn't even try to talk to each other. But when gannet did get off he became stuck with a bunch of people he didn't know and one who wanted to kill him. Yay! Eventually they reached the 7th floor and he could get out of the cramped and sweaty elevator. Thistle, pert and blight were waiting for them when they arrived. "Let's eat I'm so hungry. I've had a craving for capitol food for ages!" Blight said rubbing his stomach. "Ok, ok let's eat" Thistle said having probably been through this many times before. They walked into the dining room and Orion intentially sat away from Orchid with blight in between them. "So I have a question for you blight, what is our tactic? I don't want to not have a plan in there." Orion asked dipping some potatoes in gravy before eating them. "Well what weapons are you good with?" Blight asked curiously signaling for me to whisper it. "I'm good with an axe obviously but better with knives." Orion replied whispering. "And Orchid was it? What are you proficient with?" Blight asked Orchid also gesturing for her to whisper. He quickly frowned. Orion could tell that Orchid wasn't even good with an axe let alone any other weapons. They finished they're delicious meal before going to bed. All Orion could dream about though is Gannet getting killed in hundreds of different ways. He woke up sweating and saw somebody had placed something on his bedside table. It was a small wooden music box which could fit in even the tiniest of pockets. It was beautifully engraved and carved with pictures of axes, trees and leaves. It played the melody of a song which he couldn't remember the name of. Something about rowing your boat down a stream. His mother carved it and always sung the song to put him to sleep as a baby. He always carried it with him so he could play it when he got stressed. They must of thought it was his district token but he didn't bring one so he guessed it was. He played it, the melody calming his nerves. He got changed into clothes and left his bedroom before clicking the button for floor 4 in the elevator. He went down and walked in knocking on Gannet's room. Well he assumed it was because the male room was always to the right and the female room to the left. The door opened and a very groggy Gannet answered it. "Orion what are you doing up so late! And knocking on my door?!" Gannet said annoyed. "Could you not sleep either?" Gannet asked causing Orion to shake his head. "Fiiine come on in" Gannet said letting Orion inside and they just sat in the room enjoying each others company. "We have to make alliances if we want to survive." Gannet said waving his blonde hair out of his eyes. It was rare to see it so messy because he usually kept it neat but Orion guessed it was just bed hair. "Your right. But how bold of you to assume we're in an alliance." Orion joked. "First of all I did not assume that and second of all you know we're going to be in one. What if it's a poisonous arena where the only way to get food is the cornucopia and fish? Or what if it's a coastal arena?" Gannet said. "I admit your kind of useful." Orion said with a grin. "Oh shut up." Gannet said. Orion missed this. It was almost like it was back home. Just friendly banter in a place where one of them shouldn't even be but Orion knew one of them was going to die. Heck even both of them and there was nothing he could do about it. The capitol was glamorous, yes but at what cost? The games, that was the cost. Because the capitol is for the strongest, the tributes, and the weakest, those born there, that's just how it works. Orion eventually had to leave because everyone would wake up soon. When he arrived he got a minute alone before blight was banging on his door. "It's time for breakfast!" Blight said. Orion got up and walked into the dining room. He might aswell get as fat as possible before the games, and if this was one of his last days on the earth he may aswell eat as much as he wanted and enjoy himself, it helped get his mind off things. It was so delicious it kept him from thinking about everything bad in his life. He could just relax and eat. He had so much food he couldn't remember what he ate. He just sat back after a while getting full and knew training was in half an hour. He decided to take a nap and before he knew it he was being woken up to come to training.