you promised me

Magsimula sa umpisa

"my father. i don't want anything from him, he's had his chances. and honestly you've done more for me than my father has done in my entire life. if i have to stick with someone, i.." percy trailed off making me tilt my head. "what perce?" i ask giving him a warm smile. he took a deep breath before saying, "i'm gonna choose you, odie. every single time. we're in this together." my heartbeat quickens as i can't seem to remove my eyes off of him. "promise?" i ask him. "i promise." my eyes soften before replying, "i choose you too perce. i will always choose you." percy's face changes to an expression i don't recognize, maybe he was a joking? i laugh awkwardly, "but it seems as though you like me too much."

"what happens if i do?" percy's asks taking a step closer making us stand face to face. we both lean in but before anything happens percy collapses into my arms. "perce? oh my gods.. annie, grover!" i yell out while attempting to keep holding him up. he then fell to the ground completely, "oh- perce i'm so sorry." grover and annabeth then ran over swiftly. "what happened?" grover questions. "i- i think the stingers were poisonous.." percy groans. "i have an idea, come on." annabeth says. grover and annabeth immediately help percy into the fountain. grover and annabeth both started splashing water on him once he was sat in the fountain. i stood on the edge of the fountain, not getting in the water because i hate water, "why isn't it working? why aren't you healing? is it because i almost kis-" percy cut me off, "no odie it's not because of that! you know what i think it's actually working, what a great call." he then attempted to stand but failed and he mumbled, "or not.."

"maybe it needs to be naturally running water for poseidon to heal him," i suggest as we see cars crash. "we need to go back inside now," annabeth says but grover protests. "no we need to keep trying!" "it's not working and echidna is coming," annabeth says. "we need to go to the lake so poseidon can heal him," i tell them. "we won't make it so let's just get him inside and go to the temples altar," annabeth says while looking at grover. "altar where's an altar?" "the highest point, the best view. we're gonna get to the altar and we're gonna ask my mom for help," annabeth tells us. "i thought you were against asking for help," percy says weakly but they ignore him and she picks percy up with grover and they help him out of the fountain. annabeth hands percy to me, making me hold up one side while grover holds the other. as we began making our way back to the arch annabeth stops so i speak up, "annie come on, we gotta go." "did you hear that?" "no hear what?" "never mind," she says before we all continue.

we made it to the elevator and sat down together. percy interlocked our pinkies as he asked, "what was that back there? she spoke to you, what did she say?" annabeth looked down and before she could reply the elevator closed but not before they saw echidna and the chimera. "was that the chimera? i think that was, how did the chimera get in here?" grover asks. "how did any monster get in here? annie?" i contribute to the questions. "we're in a sanctuary, that means athena would have had to let her in.. but why would she do that?" grover questions, confused. "what did she say to you annie?" i look at her. annabeth finally spoke, "she said my impertinence wounded my mothers pride. and that will be my doom." "impertinence? what kind of-" percy starts. "medusa's head.." i mumble.
"i embarrassed my mother," annabeth says ashamed.

"but i'm the one who sent it to olympus!" percy states. "i went along with it. it embarrassed my mother and now she's angry." "guys what are we gonna do?" grover asks. "she's not gonna help percy now," i sigh sadly as i lean my head on percy's shoulder. "no guys what are we gonna do about echidna and the chimera? they're gonna be right behind us," grover stresses. the elevator dinged and we were met with a bunch of people. annabeth looked around and then pulled the fire alarm causing everyone to start leaving.
"you guys follow them down," annabeth tells us and she pushed us to the door. "what no annie, i'm not leaving without you." i tell her. "come on ettie someone needs to buy you guys some time. please just go," annabeth ushers us to the door again. "no annabeth we're all getting out," percy says. once we got to the door i stepped up, "i'll hold them off, you guys are all better at this than me. so let me stay," i tell them and switch places with annabeth.

percy immediately shakes his head, "absolutely not odie." "agreed," annabeth says switching our spots again. "guys help percy down the stairs and get him to the river. don't stop until you get to hades and get the bolt. okay?" annabeth tells us. i started protesting with tears rolling down my face, "no annie no.." annabeth almost closed the door when percy said, "wait!" percy then made eye contact with me before pulling out his sword, "at least take this." annabeth reached for it and percy gave me a look that said 'sorry'. she grabbed the handle of the sword and percy immediately pulled the girl and switched their places. "perce wait!" i yell as he shuts the door. "hey percy!" grover and annabeth yell as i began hitting the door. "perce please let me in.. they'll kill you," i pleaded as my eyes burned as tears cascaded down my cheeks.

"poseidon's never helped me before, he wasn't gonna start now." percy said his voice muffled. "percy we're serious open the door now!" annabeth demanded. "i would've never made it to hades," percy's says. "please perce don't do this!" i screamed as my throat burned. "but you guys can and you guys will now," percy tells us through the door. i hopelessly bang on the door as i cry out, "percy no, you promised me we were in this together!" my fists turned red as i continued hitting the door and i hear percy say,"odie it's okay, i'm sorry. please leave and go with annabeth and grover." i sobbed even harder, "no no stop being stupid, i am not leaving you." annabeth put her hand on my shoulder but i ignored her and continued hitting the door. i could barely breathe anymore as i hiccuped, "i'm so sorry perce. please. please." the arch started to make creaking sounds causing my heart to drop. after that was silence, the whole world went quiet for me. all i could smell was smoke as grover and annabeth started dragging me down the stairs as i looked behind me at the door. percy's not dead. percy's not dead. he wouldn't leave me. no no no.

WE CAN'T BE IN THIS TOGETHER IF
HE'S GONE.

WE CAN'T BE IN THIS TOGETHER IF HE'S GONE

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕤

sad chapter but LONG chapter! sorry guys.. if there are any spelling mistakes feel free to correct me. once again thank you to all the people who are voting. plz tell me what you guys think of the book, i would love to hear your opinions( plz be kind tho). thank you so much for reading!
i appreciate you<3.
love, aim

got any ideas for the story? ———->

໒꒰ྀི'• ˕ •' ꒱ྀིა