1: WHERE ARE YOU?

Third person's pov:

"Tomioka-san, what are you thinking about?"

Giyuu's dull eyes which were looking at the sky now turn over to shinobu. As always she was smiling. He already seemed to know that her smile was not genuine but an act. The emotions she hid inside of her, mostly anger, but covering it with those lips curled up around her mouth. He wondered why it was so but never felt like asking. He stumbles upon his thoughts before speaking...

"Is it really ok for you to go alone? The rumors are for it to be a strong demon, maybe an Uppermoon. Maybe I should accompany you."

"Oh my Tomioka-san, are you worried about me?" Shinobu asks teasingly only to see Giyuu's blank face. She took a deep breath composing her calm face then continued, "It's not actually in our hands. Oyaka-sama has particularly choosen me for this mission because it seems the demon is weak against poision. As a pillar, it is my duty to kill the demon or else it may take more human lives. And you have also been assigned a mission you should focus on that."

" I'm not convinced Kocho. If not me, ask someone else to go with you."

"Trust me tomioka-san It'll be alright."

"But-"

"I said..... It will be alright...."

Giyuu stared at her silently. He could sense slight annoyance in her voice, but she was still smiling. He wondered how she did that.

"Fine", he stated at last.

"Well then I'll take my leave", she said smiling at Giyuu, heading towards the gate.

The water hashira's heart kept telling him to not let her go, his gut feeling was telling him not to as he felt his heart drowning with each step she took away from him. He didn't know why but never in his life had he felt like this.

"Kocho wait...", he ran towards her while she turned back, seeing him getting closer.

"Promise..... promise me you'll come back", he said with a soft tone.

Shinobu was quite surprised. He was so expressive today. She could see sadness in his eyes, not that blank depressed face she usually seemed to experience. But it also made her happy at the same time, how he was worried for her, the mysterious guy who never showed any emotions was sad for her. There was something about him, that calm face was a magnet, which drived her towards him. She somehow always liked being with him. She didn't know why.

"Of course I will. I'm glad that someone will be waiting for me to come back. You'll miss me won't you?", She asked in quite a mocking way.

"I will", he mumbled, which made Shinobu get a little surprise.

She stared silently at him for a moment, then took out something from her pocket. It was a keychain. A purple butterfly with golden dots on it.

" Then I shall give you this. Whenever you miss me take a look at this. Maybe it will ease your pain. But remember it is quite precious to me so don't lose it."

He nodded, wondering how come it was precious to her. While taking the keychain from her, his lips curled up into a smile. Shinobu's eyes widened. It was the first time she saw him smile and blushed a little seeing how cute and handsome he looked at the same time.

"W-well then I'll take my leave", she said turning while hiding her flustered face.
Giyuu kept his eyes on her until she was out of his site.
.
.
.
----------------------------------------------------------------
.
.
.
Giyuu woke up from his dream. It was midnight.He had lost count on how many times he had this same dream. The dream which was actually a reality that occurred 3 months ago. It's already been 3 months since she left for the mission and he had trouble sleeping ever since that day. There was no news of her and it is eating him from inside, how he dearly missed her. He wanted her to be here, annoy him with her jokes and moking. He feared inside his heart if something had happened to her.He saw the purple butterfly key chain lying beside him.

"Whenever you miss me take a look at this. Maybe it will ease your pain. But remember it is quite precious to me so don't lose it."

He took the keychain in his hands, bringing it close to his chest.

"Shinobu where are you?", he mumbled before falling into a sleep after a long time.

.
.
.
.
.

(A/N: So this is the first time I've ever written a Fanfic, but we have to start from somewhere. I really love this ship and I hope you like it. So stay tuned for the next chapters.)

WHAT THE HEART DESIRES || Giyuu X Shinobu|| KNYOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara