8: I WILL PROTECT YOU

In last chapter:

A group of demons emerging towards her, with a smirk on their faces........

" Damn it!..........
It is a trap!............"
.
.
.
.
.
__________________________________________
.
.
.
.
.

The gentle smile on her face was visible as she stood in front of him. He sat there admiring her, but his relaxed body stood up as she seemed to get get further with each second. He ran towards her, trying desperately to match up with her speed, which seemed useless as she finally disappeared into the darkness.
"Kocho!!"

Giyuu snapped out of his nightmare, sweat all over his face. It took him some time to get back into reality, while he calmed his heart, telling it was just a nightmare. His eased heart, only to get another horrible shock as the insect hashira was not to be seen anywhere. He quickly snapped out of his thought and fought his way to find her.
.
.
.
___________________________________________
.
.
.

Shinobu stood backwards as she counted the number of demons she had to deal with. There were 15 of them. As much difficult it was gonna be with her condition, she couldn't go back for now she was surrounded by the demons. She had never felt this helpless, but she knew she couldn't give up.

She made an attempt to slaughter the demons which she did, poisioning two of them at the same time. She fought with the remaining strength she had, but as she attempted to use her Insect breathing, her chest throbbed with pain, making her fall back on the ground. She winced in pain as she stood up, watching helplessly as the demons were getting closer......
.... Is it the end for me?
.
.
.

" Water breathing, eleventh form - Dead calm....", she heard a voice as silence filled the air. In front of her stood the water hashira, who in a matter of seconds slashed the head of every demon present, so fast, not even the blink of an eye could catch.

Shinobu sat there dazed, trying to ingest what just happened. "So this is the true power of the water pillar....." , she mumbled.

Giyuu's blank face turned into a worrisome one as soon as he saw Shinobu. He ran towards her and checked for her injuries, then took a sigh of relief to not find any.

He then took her in his embrace and carried her in a bridal style while mumbling, " Why are you reckless?".

" T- Tomioka-san.... I can w-walk by myself.. "

" Be quiet now...... You already made me worry enough ".....

These words made her heart skip a beat. So he was really worried about me huh?

He made his way towards their resting place where he gently put her down. The Insect hashira's sleepy purple eyes gazed upon him, as they narrowed as if they were saying thankyou. ..

" Please.........don't do something like this again", the water hashira pleaded.

Shinobu gave him a small smile as she closed her eyes falling into a deep sleep. She had indeed drained out a lot of energy.

He gently brushed her hair out of her face and caressed her cheeks.....

" Shinobu...... I will protect you, I promise......"
.
.
.
.
.
___________________________________________