9: WAITING FOR YOU

Third person's pov:
.
.
.

" I'm glad to have you back Kocho. Thanks to Tomioka too for escorting you back safely." Oyakata exclaimed as the Water and Insect hashira bowed infront of their master as a sign of respect.

He continued, " Kocho, you may take rest for a month in the butterfly mansion to aid your health while Tomioka will carry on with his missions assigned to him from tomorrow."

Giyuu gave a small nod as he accepted the orders, making the same blank face, but there was something different this time which was cought by Oyakata. As a person who could sense people's emotions, he smelled sadness coming from Tomioka, which shocked him. He always used to read the emotions of hashira, but he couldn't understand the water haishira's emotions, which made him curious and concerned at the same time, so this was something new for him.

" You may take your leave now", he said, deciding not to point out his emotions.
.
.
.
___________________________________________
.
.
.

With the arrival of next day, the water hashira prepared himself for the new mission he was assigned for, while all the time he was thinking about Kocho. Those mixed emotions filling up his mind as he again was going away from her, but he knew he couldn't neglect his duty, he shouldn't.

Soon in the morning he took his leave, but was stopped by someone at the gate. His gloomy eyes became bloomy as he saw the Insect hashira infront of him.

" Konnichiwa Tomioka-san!"

Oh for Kami's sake, she should stop smiling like that, it makes my heart really flutter. The water hashira thought to himself. "Kocho? What brings you here?"

" Oh........ Well I just wanted to give you my wishes for your next mission."

" I see......."

"................"

"................"

" Ah.... Arigato. Then we will meet soon after my mission. Take care of yourself and don't do anything reckless." , the water hashira answered without making any eye contact, as it scared him that he won't be able to leave her if he kept looking at that face. It scared him how attached he had grown to someone to this instinct of not wanting to get separated.

" I'll take my leave then, Sayonara", he stated, while walking away from her, which felt like the longest walk in his life, but was only stopped as a hand held his.

"K-kocho...?" Tomioka exclaimed with the sudden reaction.

" ........... It's been a long time since someone cared this much for me after my sister died, and now I'm afraid that I'll loose him too. So please Tomioka-san, come back safely because.....

I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOU......"

The water hashira stood still, his eyes widened while he ensured himself what he just heard.

" Tomioka-san...?"

"....... Kocho, thank you........ Thank you for giving me a reason to come back here..... "
Giyuu responded as his hands travelled towards the insect hashira, pulling her towards him for a hug.

Shinobu stood shocked from the sudden reaction, but as the warmth filled her, it made her heart feel drown into his arms even more.

Giyuu then silently walked away from her on the path of his mission, while shinobu stood there dazed as a small smile travelled towards her face.......
.
.
.
.
.
__________________________________________