7: A TRAP

Third person's pov:
.
.
.
.
.

" Ara~..... Isn't this place beautiful  Tomioka-san?"

Giyuu turned his gaze over to the Insect hashira. As her soothing voice travelled into the ears of the water pillar, he kept his eyes fixed on the dreamy face of hers.

" Yes...... Very beautiful", he calmly said, still his gaze on her. Oh man, how he could keep looking at that face all day, without getting bored.

That calm voice was enough to ease the Insect hashira's heart. As her eyes travelled, meeting his, that eye contact felt like forever. A slight blush made it's way on Shinobu's cheeks, trying to remove her gaze, but couldn't. Her eyes weren't listening to her mind, but her heart.

The water hashira snapped out of his thoughts, his ears turning red with embarrassment.

" Ahem...... I mean, you are right, this place is really beautiful", he said, removing his gaze, his ears still visibly red. But he again turned his eyes over, as he heard her chuckle......

" Oh my, I didn't knew you could also fell embarrassed Tomioka-san", she exclaimed while Giyuu gave a small pout.

" But I like how much you have changed. You used to barely talk to me and always had an emotionless face. But this change is nice, it suits your personality. Maybe you'll be able to make more friends now."

"....... I hope so too".

Silence filled the air again, as only the voice of birds and breeze could be heard. They were halfway through their journey, that went smoothly, and were now resting near a lake in the woods, sitting beside each other, admiring the beauty while the sun was setting. They decided to spend the night here as the nearest town was quite far away and they needed a safe place to rest, or it was safe was what they thought......
.
.
.
.
.

Soon the evening turned into night as both got ready to take a rest. While Shinobu instantly fell asleep, Giyuu was still on his guard, sitting as he took support from a tree, but the exhaustion of so many days made the Water pillar's body sleepy as his eyes got shut, finally falling into a sleep.

Shinobu's eyes snapped open as she heard a screaming voice. She looked around, finding nobody but just Giyuu sleeping beside a tree. The screaming voice echoed into her ears again, as she turned to her left, trying to figure out the direction, where the scream was coming from.

She glanced back at Giyuu, who was sleeping peacefully. Did he not hear that? Her mind was debating whether to wake him up or not.

I should probably let him rest. I've recovered enough to take a mere demon down, and as a slayer, I shouldn't be afraid of my duty, she thought as she made her way towards the voice.

She took her haori and sword and ran towards the voice , getting deeper into the woods, her heart beating faster, as the sound of echo was increasing. To her surprise, that echo kept getting multiplied into many voice and she finally stopped at a certain point.

She tried to interpret the situation but soon was astonished by the view in front of her. A group of demons emerging towards her, with a smirk on their faces........

" Damn it!..........
It is a trap!............"
.
.
.
.
.
.
___________________________________________