Five

NO PERSPECTIVE

Harry had told Maggie that Niall would be waiting outside the apartment for them when she arrived. After a little struggle, Maggie had managed to coax a still shell shocked Presley into her car and had driven off.

He followed them closely behind like a shadow.

Every so often, Maggie would glance towards her unusually quiet friend with worry; turning on the radio to drown out the silence but mostly in the hopes it would bring her comfort. The radio played an all too familiar song that sent a chill down Presley's spine, we'll meet again, how fitting for that particular moment. How odd for a radio station to play such a timely classic, especially for a station aimed at a younger audience.

The drive to Harry's house was short, free of traffic, and extremely fast paced. Presley was almost certain that Maggie was driving way past the speeding limit; internally willing herself to speak up. Slow down, she wished to say, you'll get us killed. Still her body remained like a statue, unmoving and silent.

"We are almost there, Pres, okay?" Maggie whispers, glancing towards her in the driver's seat, "Niall will know what to do."

Maybe, Presley thought, but Harry knows me like the pages of his most loved books or in the details of the most perfect bouquet of flowers. There's no one else who gets me like him, my best friend.

Deep inside her mind, the scenes of the bunker haunted her. The note, going to the forest and stepping out of her car, immediately regretting her decision after taking several steps into the woods; then opening the hatch door. Descending down the stairs, walking past the doors that led to... him. She thought of him a lot, how he had looked: sitting on that chair chained up, hair overgrown, the smell. How long had he been down there? She had questioned herself, had he escaped and the captor was secretly the one who gave me the note?

She had found herself in a similar situation yet again, one that had happened not quite yet a day ago. but that's what they wanted, this is what I'm being paid for.

Gazing blankly out the car window, watching the trees go by, until the familiar houses. Presley replayed the images, like a scene from a horror movie; but her heart leaped at the familiar roads. They were nearing Harry's house and soon she'd see him. Hear his voice and know she'd be safe.

But she doesn't feel safe anymore.

"I'm going to try distracting you, okay?" Maggie says, glancing over to Presley, "and you can totally kill me for telling you this later but... fuck it, I have a crush on Niall."

What! No fucking way, Maggie! Presley yells in her mind, her eyes widening a fraction but is missed by the fact Maggie is concentrating on driving. It seemed that a slither of normality broke the spell of terror that flowed in her bloodstream, happiness for her friend had allowed her to have a small reaction. Slowly her body began returning to her...

"And I know before you say it that its a bad idea-"

No, she thinks, I don't think it's a bad idea... you'd be so cute together. Harry and I always knew it. We actually had a bet going-

"But like recently, we've been hanging out when you and Harry are at work and..." she sighs, hitting her head off the back if the seat, "Pres, he's just so sweet and generous; nothing about how I'd imagined him to be and I found myself getting a crush on him... above all else he makes me laugh so fucking much and I hated keeping it from you but now I feel so good after telling you."