Four

"So, how did you get to the location, without Harry knowing

"So, how did you get to the location, without Harry knowing."

"I couldn't sleep that night, no matter how much I tried to wash away the thought of that note or what had happened to me. I guess you could say I wanted answers and I thought that the only way was... going.

I know, before you say it, I was a fucking idiot.

So, I got up... extra early and snuck out. Leaving Harry a message that I know wouldn't make him worry about me and I left. I guess you could say that..."

Curiosity had killed the cat, hopefully this won't end in the same way but here I was. In the exact location written on the note I found at the hospital and as I got out of my car, I could have cursed myself three times over. How stupid could I get? I'm in the middle of nowhere. All I could see in front of me, for several acres, was tall trees. Everything in me was screaming to turn the engine back on and drive home, forget any of this had happened; but nothing ever works that way.

I had found myself standing an inch or two away from the edge of the forest.

"What was your intention of even going there in the first place?"

I shrug, "If you got to have the chance to meet face to face with your attacker and the other faceless victim... Would you go?'

"Most likely."

"There's your answer."

I clench, and unclench my fists, my uncertainty of even stepping so much a foot into this forest; and alone was amplified by the second. Then I remembered, in my glove compartment hides a gun. Maybe I'd feel safer if I took it with me, I mean I'm not stupid what's to say this so-called note is from my attacker waiting in the woods to finish me off; I'd have to shoot first, don't you think?

Breathing deeply, I shake my head and bounce on the balls of my feet. I should get back in the car and go but then I'll never know what's out there. Could I even live with the thought of not knowing?

"Just go," I whisper to myself, "walk for half an hour and leave, nothing is probably out there... says every girl in a horror movie that's about to die."

But I go anyway, with the gun hidden in my back pocket, and what a fucking idiot I am.

One foot in front of the other, I take long strides into the dark and gloomy forest ahead of me. With each step I take, trees grow over the daylight and cast over me in darkness; thats not fucking scary at all. Reaching into my back pocket, I flick on the flashlight and dart it from side to side - never once looking back. I kept my gaze straight ahead of me, walking over branches and breaking them, listening to the birds squawk in the trees and the whistling of the wind running its fingers through the branches; all adding to this wonderful experience.