Synopsis

Grapejuice

Copyright 2023

All Rights Reserved

Note: for those who remember a taste of honey this is that story... but much more planned out and a lot more different.

Synopsis

Time.

It's just so fleeting, isn't it?

How little we have of it, especially in situations of high stress. That pressure feeling in your head, the panicked breath, and your poor little heartbeat increasing. It's all too much if you don't know how to handle it... but we do, don't we?

Yes.

You'd have to think quickly, wouldn't you? Be on the ball, make sure that you are choosing the right path.

Depending on the extent of the stress, is someone else's life on the line?

On this occasion, most definitely...

There.

You feel the pressure now, don't you? I can see it in your eyes, the dilation of your pupils. Your mind went straight to them, didn't it? That person you are thinking about, it's all the time... don't think I haven't noticed it.

You want to save this person because you have to. After all they've done for you. After all you've been through together, you owe them this. To them you are their only lifeline.

I saw that...

the jump in your heartbeat. The swallowing of dread at the thought of losing them. You're scared, you care for this person... No, you love them. I was wrong about you being their lifeline because it is them who you depend on. They are your lifeline.

Hm... Pitiful.

So think, and when I say think I mean think clearly and not impulsively. Like you usually do, that leads to more trouble than it's worth. This time: don't act on the feeling of love, nor let the stress overcome you and fog your mind.

This time, relax. Take a moment of those sixty seconds, a tiny little fraction of it, and use that brain of yours. There is nothing wrong with taking a miniscule second to relax yourself, there is no use going in guns blazing.

Think.

What did he say and how can we decipher it?

Think.

How can we move the pieces of the chessboard in our favour?

Think.

Can you save them both?

Do you feel it?

Your time is running out.

"If you're watching this," He says into the recording camera, "and you know who I am. Yes, I am alive... we don't have much time to talk, I'm afraid."