eighteen

"is this the place?" Jisung spoke, double checking the maps on his phone. His hands were shaking, almost dropping his phone as he fumbled with a gift bag tangled in his fingers. He didn't want to get chenle anything too expensive, unsure if he shoulve gotten him anything at all. Jeno shrugged, walking towards the door to check. "jen.. wait-"

Jeno didn't wait, opening the door and finding himself surrounded by balloons, streamers and bright lights. "i'm pretty sure this is the place." He chuckled.

The walls must've been thick considering jisung only noticed the blaring music once the door was open. He caught up to jeno, grabbing his arm and holding it close to his chest. "Where is nari?" jisung spoke, leaning into jenos ear, trying to be heard over the noise.

"She didn't want to come.. not a big fan of the birthday boy." Jeno replied, leading jisung into the main room of the party.

His eyes sparkled as he looked around the room, looking at all the bright colourful spotlights and the large banner hanging on the wall. 'Happy 18th Birthday' The room was packed, the whole house was packed, and the only familiar face he could see was jeno's. His eyes scanned the room, looking for a gift table but there was none.

Jisung felt a couple people run past him, pushing his slim frame over into jeno. "assholes." Jeno muttered, looking around the room. "where is the birthday boy then?" Jisung shrugged, feeling so out of place, it was definitely not his usual scene.

Just as jisung was about to suggest leaving the crowded house party, chenle appeared. He had a blue party hat on, making jisung laugh. "happy birthday!" He shouted over the music, handing the boy the giftbag.

"you got me a present?" Chenle started to open the present, rummaging around in the tissue paper to find his gift. The first one he pulled out was a set of guitar pics, jisung had noticed he would always misplace them when he played for him.

The second gift was a pack of pens. Chenle raised his eyebrow as he looked at them. "oh- those are for school... since you always steal mine." The boy couldn't help but blush, holding the gifts close to his chest. "cute! thank you ji." He smiled, hugging the boy.

"uh... i'm going to get us a drink jisung." Jeno chucked, feeling awkward just watching the two mingle.

"it's not.. alcohol.. right?" Jisung asked chenle, looking at the red cup in the others hand. He didn't answer, taking a sip of his drink before pulling jisung into another room.

This room was less busy, jisung felt like he could breath. "happy birthday." He said again.

"you said that already." chenle giggled, tucking a strand of loose hair behind the other boys ear.

Jisung couldn't stop staring into his eyes, there's was just something so magical about the way they sparkled in the colourful lights.

Chenle caught him staring, smiling as jisung admired him.

"oh uh.. who's house is this by the way? It's huge.." Jisung changed the subject.

"It's haeuns place.. well, her parents. They're on vacation so they let me use the house for my party." The boys simultaneously nodded, feeling a bit awkward.

Jeno returned at the perfect moment, handing jisung a cup. "here you guys are, i thought i'd lost you two." He chuckled, taking a sip from his drink.

Jisung looked at the liquid, it was just punch after all, so he gulped it down. He was quite nervous, drinking quickly to occupy his mind.

"cmon guys! let's get back to the real party." Jeno chuckled, pulling the two guys back to the larger living room, the music was loud again, making jeno dance as soon as he heard it.