twelve

Jeno was in his room, staring intently at the ceiling. Usually he would be out with jisung and nari, it was the weekend so of course they would be doing something. But alas he was all alone with nari and jisung both busy.

Jeno rolled onto his stomach, pulling his phone off the charger and started to scroll through his socials, messaging nari here and there, finding something to distract his brain when he saw a familiar name pop up at the top of his screen.

It was a message from jisung.

Jeno paused at the messages then snapped into action, calling jisung right away. Of course he was worried, receiving a message like that was enough to make his heart beat faster.

The line rang for a couple of seconds before jisung picked up, sniffling on the other end of the phone.

"ji? are you okay? what happened? where are you??" Jeno spoke frantically.

"c-chenle" the voice spoke back, all shaky.

Jeno sighed, standing up from his bed. "what the fuck has he done now." He spoke sternly.

"no.. no not chenle... his.. his" Jisung sobbed.

Jeno slung his jacket over his shoulders, trying to tie his shoelaces while he calmed jisung. He didn't want to talk about chenle anymore, feeling as if questions wouldn't help while jisung was alone. "Where are you ji? hyung is coming."

~

Jisung was sat back by the river, tears flowing out from his eyes. The bench he was sat on was ice cold, his legs shaking from the metal beneath him. He saw jeno running in the distance, a deep sigh echoing from his mouth. He was so glad to see jeno, standing up to greet him.

Jeno was rushing, he was barely dressed and was quite literally in his pyjamas. "ji?" He spoke, looking at the boys tears. He immediately pulled him into a hug, jisungs head falling to his shoulder.

"hyung.." He sobbed, holding his cheek. Of course it was on the side his eye was already bruised. "hyung.. he.."

"what did he do ji? take a couple of deep breaths please?" Jeno stroked the boys back, breathing at the same pace to calm jisung. "i swear to god i'm going to kill that guy-"

"no! no-please- hyung." Jisung stopped, almost pushing the other guy away. "he didn't! chenle-" His breathing was increasing in pace, staring into jenos eyes.

"jisung. slow down." Jeno spoke. "what happened? Did chenle hit you?"

"No! please don't hurt him."

"what happened?" Jeno repeated.

"his dad. I-I-was going to chenles to see if he was okay and his dad.. fuck jeno.. his dad opened the door and-and."

Jeno stopped the boy from crying more, rubbing down his back and helping him sit back on the bench. He took his coat off, wrapping it around jisungs shoulders as
they shook. "his dad hit you?"

Jisung stayed silent, which was a clear yes. Jeno sighed a quick 'fuck' under his breath and continued to console the boy. "i swear to god- that fucking family. Chenle didn't even stop him? what a fucking pussy."

"No jeno. He tried. He really tried." Jisung sobbed, pushing his hands to jeno's shoulders. "he-he was there and trying to stop it but-"

"jisung you need to stay away from him." Those words struck jisungs heart like a punch to his chest. He stayed silent, sitting back on the bench away from jeno. He sat there shivering, his head in his hands as he mumbled something to himself. Jeno couldn't hear him, sitting next to the boy to comfort him.

"look, ji. I know you're somewhat friends with this guy and.. personally i don't think you should be..." Jeno placed a hand on Jisungs back. "but i can't control you, just try to stay away from his family okay? they're clearly fucked up."

Jisung nodded, wiping his eyes. "jen." He looked into jenos eyes, making the boy smile. "what is it ji?"

Jisungs tears tasted salty as they ran down his face. He watched jenos hands, looking down at the ground to avoid any eye contact. His breath was sharp, finding it hard to even make a sound from his mouth.

"hyung.." He pushed out, his hands shaking. Jeno noticed it, placing his hands on top of jisungs to keep them warm.

"hyung... what if i like chenle."