four

Chenle ran.

He just ran and ran away, it's all he's been taught to do.

He ran away, out of the school past the golden autumn trees. His face was stinging from cold breeze hitting the open wounds.

He felt awkward with a guitar strapped to him, weighing him down. Chenle wanted to leave everything behind, he wanted to dissapear.

He reached the river, watching the water pass by. Sitting down, he rubbed his eyes. Tears gently fell from them, similar to the rushing of the river next to him. How could he do that? Hit someone. He felt so ashamed of himself, curling into a ball to hide himself.

The light sunlight stared at the boy silently sobbing to himself. It blinded him slightly, reflecting off the tears on his cheeks.

~

Jisung and Jeno we're sat in the principals office.

Jisung was staring at the clock, holding his cheek gently. Jeno was the opposite, staring at his feet. He was covered in bruises, slowly forming into darker ones.

"we will arrange a meeting with your parents. All of your parents." The principal spoke. Jisung felt horrible. he didn't want to make it a big situation.

"i don't think that's like.. necessary?" Jeno spoke up, almost reading jisungs mind.

"Lee Jeno. May i remind you who started this altercation?" Jeno was silenced.

The two boys sat in silence. Jisung was holding back tears and jeno was holding back his anger. He wanted to tell the man the horrible things chenle had said, wanting to expose the boy. Jeno couldn't, he just stormed out the room.

Jisung looked at the principle, bowing to him gently.

"Go head to the nurse Mr Park, i will sort this out." The principle pat jisungs back gently, helping him up and sending him on his way.

Jisung walked out slowly, heading to the nurse. He held his face, the pain intense and sharp. He thought the bright lights of the school were making his head pound, his eyes watering from the pain.

He sat with the nurse, silent. He didn't mutter a word to her, just a cuddle winces from the pain as she attended to his cuts. She placed some cotton over his eye and an eye patch, the strap over his head.

"it's just a black eye jisung, don't forget to clean the wound every so often." He nodded, the nurse handed him a small cup of pills and a glass of water. "for the pain."
He nodded, swallowing them swiftly.

She told him to stay in her office a while. Jisung nodded and pulled out his phone.

He couldn't even fathom where jeno could be, he thought about the library but definitely not while he was angry. It was best to just send him a text.

TUE 10:24

Jisung: Jeno

Jisung: Jeno.
You have to be kidding me.

He sat waiting for a response, to which he got none.  He sat up, looking towards the nurse. "uhm.. did jeno come by here?"

The nurse paused for a second. "Lee Jeno? No dear." Jisung nodded.

Jisung had stood up, bowing to thank the nurse. He left the office, dragging his bag to his next class which happened to be math.

Chenle wasn't there for obvious reasons. It made the light haired boy sign, sitting down at his desk and waiting for the hours to pass by.

~

The pair of boys were stood outside the front gate of the school. Jisung had found jeno sat on the front steps, messy bandaids splattered around his face. He had gone home after seeing the principal, or so jisung had assumed. He didn't really want to bring up the subject since they would probably be sat in a room talking about it all afternoon.

Their mothers arrived at the same time, jeno's father following behind him. "ur dad not show again?" Jeno spoke. Jisung shook his head, not like it was a surprise anymore.

"what happened to you boys??" Jisungs parent spoke, holding the boys' cheeks. "don't talk, i'll find our soon enough i suppose." she held her handbag tight. It was designer but already falling apart.

Jeno has spotted chenle already, one of the first times he had seen him without his guitar. Stood behind him were parents. His mother and father stood neatly behind them. They could hear some chatter, a lot of the sound hearing like scolding. 

As soon as the parents got in the room, jisung felt his heart drop, bowing his head until chenles parents sat opposite them. "this is the boy?" His father spoke in a rumbling voice.

Jisung was startled, looking up to look the man in his eyes. He looked at the man's attire, black shirt, black pants, black expensive shoes. But there was one thing that stuck out to jisungs eyes. The white collar beneath his shirt.

Jisung bowed his head again, thoughts rummaging through his head. 'a priest', 'maybe he's a good nice priest.'

"this is the... homosexual boy." Jisung sat in silence, keeping his head down.

Jisungs mother didn't want to jump to conclusions but when the next words to come out of his mouth were  "i understand why there's no father in the picture." in a mumble to his wife.

"thats it." She spoke, looking towards the principal that has just entered the room. "this is unacceptable, you cannot force your ideals onto my child."

The principle placed a hand on her shoulder.  "miss park, this meeting is about all your sons fighting. On school property."

Jeno looked disgusted, rolling his eyes. "chenle literally started it? he was pretty much bullying ji."

"Mr Lee." The principal spoke over him. "it doesn't matter what or who started it,  it happened. I brought you all in to discuss their punishments. Mr Zhong, Mr Park. You're excellent good students, i don't expect you to be performing these types of acts."

Jisung nodded, felt like everything depended on his moment. He could get kicked out of the grade, sent back to square one.  He really didn't believe chenle was an 'excellent' student, due to how he had acted in class.

"so i've decided to put you two in the same detention, once a week, for four weeks. As for you Mr Lee. You'll be separated from the two, having the same detention plan but in a different day."

The meeting had ended.. successfully?

Jisung and jeno sat in the back of the car together, jisung sat in between his mom and jeno. "i can't believe them." Jeno spoke.

"i can. You didn't see?" Jisung responded.

"Chenles dad is a priest."