ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Flagon was tended to immediately as soon as we arrived. Miche had brought him to the warmest room and let his friends tend to him with basic knowledge when it comes to this type of situation.

Nile immediately ran towards us as soon as we came near the cabin, his face laced with both concern and relief.

"M/n!" He reached to me as soon as Erwin finally allowed me to stand on my own feet, Nile grabbed my arm and pulled me into a tight hug. "Goodness, you're freezing!" He exclaimed with a light shiver.

"I know, that's why he needs to change and get into warmer clothes." Erwin told as he shrugged off his cloak as soon as the reached the door. "Don't hold him off, Nile."

"Right," The dark haired male pulled away and guided me to the door as I slowly regained control over my own legs. "Man, you really got us worried for a second when only Carly returned while hysterically explaining how Flagon is down."

I could only picture her frantic expression.

"You should've seen the way Erwin marched the forest." Nile chuckled before continuing, "I was tempted to follow him too but our superior wouldn't let me—said something about me becoming another casualty."

I cracked a small smile of amusement. Just like me, Nile also did not develop an absurd immunity to the cold weather. And when considering between Nile and Erwin as to who can do the physical labor more, our superior had no troubles in deciding.

"He was really worried, I don't think I've seen him with such a look before. I thought he was gonna cry or something."

It took me a while to realize he had been talking about Erwin, mainly because associating the word 'cry' and Erwin didn't really make any sense. He was a gentle guy but in no way was he that openly emotional. He was calm, composed, and very level-headed. It was hard to believe he would cry over such a small matter like this.

"You're overexaggerating." I scoffed as far as my throat would allow me.

"Am not!"

As soon as we entered the cabin, I was greeted with the relief of warmth. The fireplace we worked on had been doing wonders with spreading its heat all over the place, making me finally breathe in ease.

"Go change." Erwin appeared in an instance as soon as I stepped foot, helping me shrug off my jacket that was primarily soaked in snow.

I moved into our shared rooms in private and quickly changed out of my outdoor clothes, finding a comfortable tunic and some typical slacks.

While the cold still felt as though it permanently lingered in my skin, changing out of my snow-ridden clothes did help as advised.

Erwin soon entered after I was done and threw me a towel to matte off my hair and face.