PROLOGUE

READER'S POV

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

READER'S POV

With one hand clutching my arm in a secure and pleading grip—my older sister, Marie, looked at me with clear distress clouding her almond eyes

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

With one hand clutching my arm in a secure and pleading grip—my older sister, Marie, looked at me with clear distress clouding her almond eyes.

"Please, M/n." She pleaded with desperation that I was not used to hearing from her. "It'll only be a couple of letters."

I frowned, unhappy with the idea she was proposing to me.

She wanted me to write love letters for her lover in behalf of her. Her lover that also happened to be my close friend and the person I was madly in love with.

"Marie," I sighed heavily. "It just seems so. . . Wrong." And uncomfortable. "Why don't you just give it a shot? It doesn't matter if you do not have the skills of a best-selling author, as long as it's sincere and comes from the heart—"

"You know I am not fond of that." She interrupted, shaking her head as she began to bite her bottom lip in contemplation. "I cannot write to save a life, M/n! I am not a romantic, I have terrible handwriting, and I certainly do not have a way with words."

"It is your lover." I argued, although my chest still clenched at the idea.

"Not precisely, my dear brother." She shook her head, and I frowned once more as a headache began to form when I thought about their complicated and complex relationship.

I didn't understand why she couldn't even try to do it herself. She had Nile Dok, who she didn't seem to have any troubles writing for. And then when it comes Erwin Smith— she loses every sense of confidence in whatever she had to say, or write.

"It's because he writes too good, M/n! I am no match for that. . . For that intellectual, romantic shit." She shook her head, "The way he writes and expresses himself is just. . . Different. I'm afraid I can't write a letter to his pleasing!"

"Erwin is a good guy." I reasoned with her, "He doesn't care if you have the writing skills of a 10-year-old."

"Yes, but I am also writing to Nile. I can't possibly write 2 love letters all at once, you cannot expect that of me."

I drew out a sigh and pinched the bridge of my nose from frustration, finding myself stressed at the situation she landed herself in.

She had been waiting for Nile to make a move at the start, having shown mutual interest. But then Erwin asked to walk with her in the 3rd week and she could simply not say 'no' to such a gentleman.

It confused her as to who she wanted to choose, hence why she was making a great deal of effort to entertain and get to know the both of them.

Erwin had been open and forward, sending secret love letters whenever he was not physically able to be present. And Nile only went to the extent of sharing letters that bordered flirting with no clear intentions.

While the revelation had been painful at first, I knew I couldn't do anything but simply hope for the happiness of the two most important people in my life. They deserved happiness, I believed. And now, I was helping them obtain it. Like a messenger of some sort.

Except with every passing message, I could feel myself die inside.

"Out of the two of us, you have always been the more talented one in writing." She attempted, making me roll my eyes while folding my arms against my chest.

"My skills are average at best, Marie."

"Better than mine, at least."

She was stubborn, she really was set on at the idea of making her little brother write her love letters for her. To his own fellow cadet, at that. She thought it was a brilliant idea, and I did not share the sentiment.

"You know him best anyway, use your knowledge to charm him!" She attempted again.

I shifted uncomfortably. It felt like taking advantage of Erwin and I did not like it one bit.

"Please, M/n." She pleaded once more, her eyes shaped into saucers, gazing at me with a pitiful look. "Only a couple of letters and it's done. After that, I promise I'll make my decision and stop stringing the both of them along."

I hesitated in contemplation, pondering it for a second as I weighted them out.

If I could stop my sister from hurting both of my friends, then the better.

I didn't really enjoy seeing Nile act like a lovesick fool being held back with a stick up his ass. Or Erwin showing his romantic interest for the first time only to be completely unaware as to how the girl of his dreams was only making him an option.

If I could somehow make it better for Erwin, then I would. Willingly so. Even if it feels so wrong to write my love on a piece of paper yet sign it under my sister's name.

Just a couple of letters, I assured myself.

But Marie never specified just how much specifically.