33-Jeff Atkins

Beginne am Anfang

She couldn't and she knew it.

Everyone was already waiting in the gym, the cheerleaders were in position and so were the players. Mia helded the biggest smile after just got back with Montgomery, it felt like everything in her life was lining up.

"Hey! Go tigers!" they would all scream not just cheerleaders and players but the crowd of sudents as well.

"Let's give it up to our varsity baseball team!" Mia shouts in the microphone and as she is turning her face again to the atheles Montgomery De La Cruz walks towards her with a huge bunch of flores, itb was light purple tulips, her favorite. He kneels on knee down on the floor offering her the flowers, Mia very happily acepts it and kisses Montgomery passionatly.

"A hand for our amaizing cheer captian, Mia Jensen!" Monty says on the microphone, and the sudden awe's from before turned into applauses.

"So sweet, I love you" Mia says on the microphone, Monty sends a wink her way being once again sat on the bench next to the others "And now, for our emcee of today's assembly, Marcus Cole!" she cheers at the boy who runs towards her with a cheerleader outfit.

The sight of the darker boy,makes her die of laugher and every chance she gets she steals a look in Monty's way, loving the way he is laughing and joking about Marcus look.

"That's rigth" he startes "I uh, dressed for the ocassion. Who's impressed?" He asked and the crowd of students applauded "Let's welcome this yearvarist track team" Marcus cole did the next introduction while the cheerleaders shaked their pom poms in the air.

And then the moment came, it was time to put up the memorial for Jeff, it's weird then thinking of death it's always projected in a distant future. Your loved ones are surrounding you, you holdonto their hand, place a haed on some's shoulder and tight hug from another. Jeff, was present in that idea of death for Mia, she would hold his hand, place her head on his shoulder and hugg him tighly.

But now, there she was watching the atheles put up his memorial, the rest of the crowd of students had already left leaving only behind Jeff's best friends and team mates.

Mia stood beside Montgomery, he holded her back tighly against his chest, knowing how much this must hurt her. Jeff was one Mia's best friend, in a sense where there was nothing beside friendship, someone that was there for her no matter what. She never needed to share about her past with him, because it wasn't those scares that would make Jeff see her. He saw her for herself.

"We're taking state this year, and it's for him" Scoot spoke, the group of atheles stood there, in front of the memorial remembering Jeff.

"He was what a team mate should be.Loyal" Bryce spoke this time by Mia's side, or better Montgomery's side since those two weren't always far from one another.

"Yeah,he always had your back"

"Never had to wonder about that" Scoot joined, however those sentences that the three of them kept on speaking didn't really seemend that were directed for Jeff, but more like an attack to Zach "And he looked out for people. Always took  are of his guys, no questions aksed"

"Yeah"

"Right"

"He was the greast best friend someone could ask for, putting everyone above him. Always had the best advices to give and the sweetest smile" Mia said, looking at the picture of him and remebering the crazy amount of times they laughed together. She was lucky because she got to know and be best friends with Jeff Atkins.

Flashback:

"I'm hereeee"Mia said walking inside the house, the whole group of friends was already inside. For her suprise so were three people she wasn't expecting "Wow, what is my brother doing here?" she asked Jeff, the taller boy grabbed her hand and lead her to a corner.