15 Mist

(Hongjoong's pov)

This cursed man, sent straight from the depths of hell, had me running through the night in search of something that could make sense of it all. Where on earth could he be hiding? My frantic pursuit brought me to a desolate cliff, and in a fit of desperation, I yelled into the abyss, "Yunho! Reveal yourself!"

As if my voice alone could summon him. I exhaled a heavy sigh, my gaze fixated upon the vast expanse of the sky above. Since my awakening, an overwhelming chaos has engulfed my existence. Amidst this turmoil, there is one bright spot - Dalhae. She is the small fragment of light that manages to penetrate the icy depths of my heart. I must confess, I find solace in her presence. I still hate Seonghwa though.

My knees buckled on the edge of the cliff, the weight of the impending doom pressing down on me. I couldn't stand idly by while Yunho mercilessly slaughtered every vampire in sight. It's only a matter of time before he comes for me next. But I had a sinking feeling that he was merely toying with me for now. Damn you, Yunho!

Why, why am I afraid? I feel so lost in this world.

I remained here, gazing at the mist cascading down the cliff like a waterfall. I closed my eyes, hoping to quell the ache that consumed my being.

Yet, as I shut my eyes for what felt like a mere moment, a sudden warmth greeted my skin. Confusion enveloped me. How could the sun be shining in the dead of night?

The warmth enveloped me, yet it didn't scorch my skin. As I blinked my eyes open, the night mist swirled before me, revealing a haunting sight.

"Sujin?" My voice escaped my lips in a hushed breath, barely audible in the heavy silence. The memories flooded back, each one a painful reminder of the hurt I carried within me. And yet, there she stood before me, radiating a beautiful smile that once brought me immense joy.

My eyes widened, propelled by an instinct I couldn't resist, and I chased after her.

"Stop!" The words slipped out of my mouth, carried away by the wind. She moved like a specter, an ethereal figure haunting my vision. But deep down, I knew it couldn't be her. The woman I once knew was gone, lost to death's embrace.

I halted in my tracks, the reality sinking in. This can't be her. Perhaps it's only my mind playing tricks on me, fueled by the relentless ache in my cold heart. The pain is unbearable.

I search desperately for Sujin, but she has vanished into the darkness. It's as if she was never here at all. I should have known better than to believe in such fleeting happiness.

Surveying my surroundings, I realized I am standing in the garden of my own home. Traversing the garden, I found myself surrounded by familiar rose bushes that stirred memories within me. "Why?" I murmured to myself. "Why did you bring me here?"

Until I laid my eyes upon her once more, a haunting beauty emerged, bathed in the ethereal glow of the moonlight. Her gaze fixed upon the vast expanse of the night sky, a vision so captivating yet forever out of reach.

With hopeful eyes, I approached her quickly. Scared that she'll disappear again. Her face lit up as she turned towards me, a warm smile gracing her lips.

My arms instinctively wrapped around her, seeking solace in the warmth of her body that starkly contrasted with my cold existence. A surge of emotions welled up within me, threatening to spill over and stain my hardened facade.

"Even if you depart for an eternity, stay by my side for this fleeting moment" I murmured, desperate to hold onto her, to keep her close.

Yet, a sense of unease gnawed at me. She remained motionless, not reciprocating my embrace.