I eventually reached him, and so, with every ounce of strength I had left— I prompted him up and had no other choice but to place him back over my shoulder into his original state of a piggy back ride. It was the only way to keep him away from dropping in temperature.

My body temperature and his (even through our layers of clothing) was really help us. Infact, anything minimal will do.

I straightened my legs and felt them shake, I didn't mind it and instead began to strive forward once more even if my teeth began to clash against one another from how my jaw shook in the cold.

"One more." I kept muttering to myself in repeat with one wobble of a leg at a time, hands numbly clutching the body behind me in an attempt to stabilize him and myself.

"M/n?"

Looking up at the sound of my name, I met a pair of aloof eyes that I knew pretty well.

His big imposing figure that came across as intimidating to most was actually misleading, beneath all the muscles his body possesses and his odd tendency to sniff everything and everyone around him— Miche Zacharius was actually a gentle and silent guy who keeps to himself.

I met him when we got paired for ODM training once. I did not need to explain just how exactly he abolished and humbled my supposed skills for that forte.

I was relieved to see the big guy, he was in the complete state to help Flagon out as he barely looked as though the temperature penetrated his skin.

But as my eyes slowly moved towards the newcomer who emerged from the mass of woods and hanging branches, I felt my heart thump like it was being brought back to life.

"M/n?" I didn't even notice how Miche called out to me. "He's not responsive." He said to his partner who eventually joined us.

My eyes met the ocean hue I've dreamt about the entire time I walked through the gruesome snow. Our eyes locked as they slowly shaped into concern.

"Erwin." His name fell out of my lips like a breathy prayer, a silent longing, a testament to fresh air.

I could not begin to describe how my chest swelled in the sight of him and how suddenly— I could not be bothered with the coldness that wrapped my body.

The sight of him made me feel safe, as though I knew everything would be fine from this point on. It was unstoppable. He made me feel unstoppable; as though I could do anything I wanted to achieve with one hand as long as he held the other.

It was that sort of feeling.

"Miche, can you handle Flagon?" Erwin stepped forward, pushing back the hood of his cloak that initially shielded his ears and nape from the cruel cold.

His question had not been a question of capability but more on a request, in which Miche immediately cooperated with as he stepped forward and helped me get Flagon off my back.

As soon as he was lifted off and transferred to Miche, I immediately felt as though an incredible weight lifted off my creaking shoulders. Although it helped my bones, it didn't change my current predicament of battling my lack of immunity to the cold.

I didn't even notice right away as soon as our eyes disconnected, he was right by my side in an instance and placed a gloved hand over my clothed shoulder.

"M/n, are you all right?" He gazed down at me with unmasked worry, which gave me a different impression of his typical unreadable looks.

He winced lightly at his own words, also realizing how ridiculous his question had been. Of course he figured it right away I didn't exactly meet the criteria of being 'all right'.