Chapter 3

A knock was heard on my door and I hear Henry call my name. "Winter? We must get up and start the day early so we arrive to Emberheart by sunset." I groan too tired to face reality.
He chuckled and continued. "I'll get you some breakfast while you get changed for the day." He shuts the door quietly as I rise from the dead. I forgot all about Emberheart. Yesterday I was so content about the journey and the sights I forgot about where it ended. Trying to ignore it I try to find a dress thats less on the winter side. It seemed to get warmer the farther I was from Wintercrest and last night I was way too hot.

Looking through my things I find a dress that was just perfect.

  It's white with ruffles and a Beige corset that had a design on it

  It's white with ruffles and a Beige corset that had a design on it. It was a light airy dress that would be perfect for the weather ahead. Once I finished getting ready, a knock again was heard from my door.
Henry must be here with my breakfast. Once again I was wrong. Goldie stood with a tray full of delicious looking food. Toast with Jam and scrambled cheesy eggs with berries, chocolate chip waffles, and orange juice . I licked my lips at the meal that was presented to me.

"This all for me?" I ask trying not to drool over it. When he didn't answer my eye snap to golden ones and they seem to flash a bright yellow as  they melt into my skin. The raked up and down my body until he finally rolled he neck back and groaned in frustration. 

"Yes princess this is all for you." My legs pinch together at his statement. My god just his voice could have someone on their knees begging. That someone better be me...My mind can get alittle out there sometimes.  
  Blushing at my thoughts, I take the tray from his hands and move it to the table next to the fire place. "Please come in." I say as I sit down excited to eat. 

He keeps standing as he enters my room. Him being in my room makes the room small. Come to think of it, he was a large man in general. I have been so in thralled by his eyes and presence I didn't even notice his 6'4 stature. I guess I have had to bend my neck to look up at him ever since we met.
His eyes were on me intently as I started to dig into my food.  He was wearing what he wore yesterday, face coverings and all. 
"Is there a reason your face is covered." I ask sipping my orange juice. 

He freezes at my question and then clears his throat. "I am high in the guard ranks and Emberheart believes we should be covered so enemies do not know who we are." 

"But the other guards aren't covered?" I say raising a brow. 

"They aren't that high in the ranks to be considered confidential." He says.

"So your like the best?" I see a smirk within the mask. 

"You could say that." He says. Trying to move on from the subject I ask, "when will we make it to Emberheart?" 

"By sun down if we leave soon." He says almost cheerfully. 

"Great." I say quietly, pushing my finished plate away.