CHAPTER-16 Escape part-1

Start from the beginning

Servants and maids rushed around, ensuring that everything was perfect for the big day. But despite the festive atmosphere, Carol's heart was heavy with pain.

She couldn't believe that Ragnarok, had betrayed her. He had promised to be faithful and true, to care and cherish her for all eternity.
But instead, he had broken her trust and shattered her dreams.

As she stood there, lost in thought, her mind wandered back to the day she had first met Ragnarok. It had been a beautiful summer day, and she had been out for a walk in the forest and lost. She had stumbled upon him by chance, and they fought at first sight.

They had spent countless hours together, exploring the forest. They had talked about their future together, and Carol had believed that they would be happy forever.But now, as she stood alone in her room, watching the preparations for her wedding, she realized that her dreams had been shattered.

She couldn't bear the thought of marrying someone who had betrayed her so deeply.As the hours passed, Carol's heart grew heavier and heavier. She knew that she couldn't go through with the wedding, but she didn't had other choice.

As the sun began to rise on the day of Carol's wedding, a team of skilled and talented maids entered her room, eager to prepare her for the momentous occasion. With gentle hands and expert precision, they began to work their magic, applying makeup that accentuated Carol's natural beauty and enhancing her radiant glow.

every detail was considered, from the delicate lace to the intricate beading, ensuring that Carol would look nothing short of breathtaking on her special day. With each passing moment, the excitement in the room grew, as everyone eagerly anticipated the moment when Carol would step out and take her place as the stunning bride she was meant to be.

"You look absolutely stunning in your wedding dress! It's the perfect choice for you and really highlights your beauty."

"Your smile is radiant and infectious. It's clear that you're truly happy and in love on your special day."

"Your attention to detail is impeccable. Every aspect of your wedding, from the decorations to the music, is perfectly planned and executed."

Maids started complimenting and chattering in the room, While everyone around her was brimming with joy, Carol's face remained untouched by even the slightest hint of happiness.

" Attention everyone, His Majesty is extending his gratitude and wishes to reward each and every one of you for your exceptional work. Please gather at the throne room to receive your well-deserved recognition."

A gallant knight emerged from Carol's chamber, his presence commanding the attention of the maids.
As the news reached their eager ears, a wave of excitement swept through their hearts, causing them to swiftly and joyfully make their to the grand court room.

As Ragnarok stood in the solemn court room, his voice rang out with conviction as he urged the knights to take swift action. With unwavering determination, he implored them to implement stringent safety measures and tighten security protocols to the point where not even the most nimble of birds could penetrate their defenses.

His words carried weight and his message was clear: no stone could be left unturned in their quest to protect them.

Suddenly, as he caught sight of the maids who were responsible for preparing Carol, a perplexed expression washed over his face. He observed them intently, trying to comprehend the unexpected scene before him. To his surprise, all the maids were seated on the ground, wearing contented smiles as they expressed their gratitude towards him.

"What are you all doing here?" Birtholt asked with a confused expression on his face.

The maid responded,
"Your Majesty has called us here to reward us."Birtholt's confusion
deepened as he recalled that Ragnarok had been with him all morning, checking the security. The perplexity was evident on his face.

On the contrary, Ragnarök appeared cool and composed.

"Give them each a bag of gold coin," he calmly instructed as he made his way towards Carol's room.

He advanced towards her room with deliberate, measured steps, exuding an aura of strength and determination. As he reached the entrance, he stood motionless, his face devoid of any discernible emotion. Carol's room, however, appeared desolate and void of her presence, leaving no trace or hint of her existence.

Meanwhile, Birtholt came sprinting towards the scene, his heart pounding in his chest. His eyes widened in disbelief as he took in the sight before him. Carol's room, once filled with warmth and life, now lay empty and desolate.

Birtholt's eyes darted around the room, desperately searching for any clue, any sign of where she might have gone. But there was nothing. No trace of her remained, as if she had vanished into thin air

"your majesty, where is the queen?is she kidnapped? is she in danger?"birtholt shout in panic.

Ragnarok slowly removed the cape from his shoulders, his eyes fixed on Birtholt. He could feel the weight of the decision he was about to make, and it was tearing him apart inside.

"Birtholt," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.
"Cancel all the preparations."Birtholt's eyes widened in surprise, and for a moment, he didn't move.

But then, he slowly reached out and took the cape from Ragnarok's outstretched hand.

"Are you sure?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

Rather than simply being angry or disappointed, Ragnarök's expression conveyed a sense of profound anticipation. It was as if he had been bracing himself for this moment, knowing deep down that it would come.

Though his heart was undoubtedly wounded, he refused to let his pain show, maintaining a stoic facade that concealed the depths of his hurt.

" What about Quee-- I mean, Lady Carol?" Birtholt asks with confusion.

“I'll bring her back...."

THANKS FOR READING.
DO GIVE A VOTE AND COMMENT, IF YOU LIKE.