Christmas day

Hey! Sorry this took so so long,but life has kept me busy. So,here's chapter 22. Enjoy! ~Cabbieluver

-------------------------------------

Luna's P.O.V.

I slowly opened my eyes. 'Just go back to sleep.' I thought. I closed them again. My eyes popped back open.

"Wait a minute! It's Christmas!"

I hopped out of bed and rushed down the stairs,like a little child would. I looked at the presents under the tree. There was mine to Neville,mine to Daddy,and Neville's to me. I looked at the clock. It was only 7:00 in the morning. Neville usually sleeps in a little,so I decided to wait until he got up to open presents. I plopped down on the couch and read the Quibbler.

Neville's P.O.V.

I woke up with the sun shining in my eyes.

"Ow,bright." I said,rubbing my eyes.

I got out of bed and checked the clock. It's 7:49. Wait-it's Christmas! I went down the stairs. The Christmas tree was lit up still, but the lights were off.

"Hi,Neville." A voice said.

I gasped and flipped on the lights. It was Luna,reading the Quibbler (upside down,of course.)

"Gosh,Luna,you scared me!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry." She said as she got up and kissed me. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas." I said.

"Can we open presents now?" She asked with an eager expression on her face. I chuckled.

"Sure,Luna." She ran over to the tree and sat beside the presents. I went and sat beside her.

"Here,open mine." She said,handing me my present. I opened it up and there was a huge book. It was the plant guide I wanted!

"Wow,thanks,Luna." I said.

"You're welcome. It was Flourish and Blot's last copy." Luna opened her present from me. I got her a really rare flower that has light blue-her favorite color--petals. She practically screamed when she opened it.

"Oh,Neville, I love it! Thank you,thank you,THANK YOU!" She wrapped me up in a huge embrace and kissed my cheek.

"You're welcome." I chuckled.

----------------------------------------------

Luna's P.O.V.

It's been such a good Christmas,especially since it's Neville and I's first Christmas together. Right now,we're on our way to visit Daddy. I suspect he'd be lonely this Christmas without me with him....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neville's P.O.V.

We've been at Xeno's house for about an hour now. He loved his present-the book Magical Beasts and Where to Find Them. But, when Luna left the room, he pulled me aside and said,

"Neville,do you remember when I told you I had a about five years left to live?"

"Yes." I answered.

"Well, it turns out that there's nothing wrong with me at all!"

"What?"

"Apparently a fellow named Octavius Lovegood-no idea who he is,not a relative-had the cancer and his records got mixed up with mine. So,I'll be around a while longer!" Xenolophius said.

"That's great," I said," I couldn't imagine what Luna would be like if you passed. She'd probably be devastated."

"Yes. It was rather hard for her when her mother died and since I'm the only one she's got left, she'd have no one to look after her. Well,except for you,of course. I know you'll always be there for her."

Then Luna came back in, claiming she just saw a Heliopath darting across the lawn. Xeno seemed fascinated with this bit of information. Them and their creatures.....

This is definitely one of my favorite Christmases so far.