Chapter 19

Hayley's POV:

  We're gonna have a baby. Oh my god! I made a baby with my mate. How is this possible? I'm not supposed to be able to have kids.

That's how vampires work. Heidi didn't get pregnant and Ben told me that as well. What will this mean for my mate?

   Rosalie looks at me with the biggest smile and it dims a bit as she takes in my expression. "W-what's wrong? Are you not happy that we're having a baby?" She asks in an insecure tone and I shake my head quickly.

"No no no, I am so happy we are. But I'm just worried about what this means for us. For you," I quickly reassure her and she gives me a confused look.

  "Rosalie, vampires can't procreate. It's physically impossible. I'm not scared because of the baby, I'm scared of what this means for you. Do you feel different? Any different," I explain then ask as I cup her face softly.

   Her eyebrows furrow in concern. "No, I feel fine well besides the whole morning sickness. But my mother said that's natural for pregnant women," she answers softly and set her hands over mine.

I nod slowly and smile gently down at her. "That's good. I'm excited and so so happy that we're having a baby. I'm gonna love this child no matter what gender it is," I lovingly say and carefully remove my hand to set it on her stomach.

   I lean forward and press a soft kiss on her forehead. "I love you," she whispered and I smile to myself.

   "I love you too. So much," I reply with no hesitation and pull back to look at her, "I'm gonna go make you some soup for your stomach. Please don't ever doubt my love for you and our child. You're giving me something I always wanted but didn't think I could have."

She gives me a soft smile and leaned up to press a kiss on my cheek. "I'm glad I could give you this, baby. I'm gonna freshen up and go out there to help you," she responds and I nod while standing then held out my hands to help her up.

    I graze her cheek with the back of my hand as I stare at her in awe. "Beautiful," I softly state and she blushes cutely.

I chuckle softly and tap her nose with my thumb gently before walking out of the bathroom to give her some privacy.

   I get fully dressed before I sped downstairs towards the kitchen where I set off on making a light chicken noodle soup for my beloved girlfriend.

It should be okay for her stomach and the little peanut that's growing inside of her. My precious baby.

   I pick up a pot and filled it up with water then tossed some noodles in so they can boil. Wonder what they're gonna be?

   A boy, a girl, or a girl born like me? Either way I will love them unconditionally. I'm gonna love them the way my father was supposed to love me and shower them in affection and love.

   There's not gonna be a day that goes by when they won't be told that I love and am proud of them. They will hear it every single day of their lives.

"What are you thinking about, baby?" I snap out of my daze and turn my head finding Rosalie freshly changed.

   A smile automatically goes on my lips at the mere sight of her. "I'm thinking about what they're gonna be. A boy, a girl, or a girl like me," I answer in a soft tone and her eyes soften as she walks over.

   "No matter what they come out to be, we will love them unconditionally," she announces in a firm tone making my smile turn lovingly as I nod.

   I gently take ahold of her chin then leaned down a bit to press our lips together for a brief loving kiss. I poured all of my love into it.