Chapter 13

I still cannot believe that Caleb would act so different after the appointment. I thought he would be more sincere, more caring. But no. He will never change.

Thoughts were running through my mind until I got a text message. 

Hey. It's Max. Sad that we couldn't go out this past weekend. You busy tonight? Maybe we can hit up the town or something. Get back to me. :-) 

He was so nice. Why not??? 

Yeah! I'll be ready in an hour, we can meet in the park downtown. :) 

I don't think I would consider this a date. He's new to town, so I guess I'm just showing him around right? 

I wore cute high waisted shorts, with a flowy tank top. Didn't want to give away that I was pregnant on a first date. 
Wait. Not a first date. 

"Thanks for not flaking this time Skye." he winked at me, as I was walking up to meet him. 
"Oh shut up. Do you want a tour or not?" 

We walked around and talked. He mostly asked questions about my life. I let him know almost everything... Except for the fact that I had a one night stand and now I'm pregnant. 

"So I heard there was an arcade somewhere around here. I have $100 to blow and haven't been to an arcade in years. Wanna go?" he said. 
$100 to blow?? Who was this kid?! 

We stayed at the arcade for an hour or two, then walked to the beach. 
The sun was about to set, and that's the best time to go sit on the beach. 

"So Max, tell me about you." 

"Well. I'm the middle child out of 3. I have an older brother, and a younger sister. My brother is in the Army and comes home maybe once a year. My younger sister lives with my mom and my step dad back in Pennsylvania." 

"Woah, so you're out here by yourself??" 
"Yep. Well, I want to go to UCLA and Eastwood is pretty close. So I thought I should get to know the city more." 
"Who are you living with?" 
"My parents bought me a house." 
"A HOUSE?!" I was shocked. They let a 17 year old move by himself to California and they bought him his own house?! What do his parents do?? 

"Well shit. Is your step dad a drug lord or something?"
"No. You wouldn't believe me if I told you what he did."

He laid down on the sand and looked up at the sky. 
"Try me." I smirked, and laid next to him. 

"He's the CEO of Google." 
"Say what....."
"Yeah. So you can either act like any other girl and use me for my money or you can just leave now. I don't want the bullshit." 

"Thank God I'm not like any other girl." 
He turned his head, and stared at me for a while. 

"I knew that from the moment I saw you drop those tomatoes." 
I smacked his chest, and he caught my wrist. 
He pulled me on top of him, and kissed me hard. 

What a perfect evening. 

********************************

Hey guys! Sorry it took too long. I am officially back, and here it is!!!! 

This is a picture of Max's house!! ^^^