Chapter 7: Rescue

The sleek black car smoothly glided through the city,
Beomgyu navigated the streets with a blank stare etched across his face.

The hum of the engine and the occasional city sounds formed a backdrop to the urgency that filled the car.

Ryujin, clutching the coat tightly, couldn't help but steal glances at Beomgyu.

His focused expression and the subtle strength in his hands on the steering wheel.

As they approached the center, Beomgyu's phone buzzed with a message. He glanced at it briefly, his jaw tensing.

"It's from the team. They've narrowed down the possible locations based on the pendant's energy signature."

Ryujin's heart raced with a mix of hope and anxiety.

"Do you think we'll find Yeji unnie soon?"

Beomgyu's gaze met hers briefly, 

"We'll do everything we can to bring her back. Yeji's family, and family sticks together."

---

Ryujin, still visibly shaken from the ordeal, found herself back at the center, surrounded by concerned faces.

Beomgyu, having handed her over to the care of the team, was now part of the strategizing group.

Soobin, Lia, Yuna, and Chaeryeong huddled around a table, poring over the map of the city.

"We need to find Yeji fast. Any leads on Joel's possible hideouts?" Soobin questioned.

Lia pointed to a few locations marked on the map. "These are known spots where Joel has connections. We should check these first."

Yuna added, "Also, we know he's linked to Jung Woojin. If we can get any intel on Woojin's current activities, we might find a connection."

Yeonjin nodded, his mind racing with possibilities. "Lia, Yuna, Chaeryeong, you check those locations. Beomgyu, any information on Woojin could be crucial."

Namjoon, determined, replied, "I'll contact my sources and see what I can dig up. We need to move fast."

As the group dispersed to execute their assigned tasks, Soobin turned to Ryujin, who was still recovering.

"Ryujin, you rest, and we'll update you as soon as we have any leads. We won't leave Yeji behind."

Ryujin nodded, fear in her eyes. "Please, find her. I can't lose Yeji."

Back at the control room, Soobin monitored the team's progress through the surveillance feed. Lia, Yuna, and Chaeryeong moved stealthily through the city, checking the locations marked on the map.

Meanwhile, Yeonjun and Beomgyu worked his contacts, to uncover any information on Jung Woojin's recent activities.

As the pieces of the puzzle slowly came together, the atmosphere in the room remained tense.

The clock ticked, each passing moment heightening the urgency to rescue

Suddenly, Taehyun's eyes widened. "I've got something. Woojin has been spotted at an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts. It matches one of Joel's known locations."

Soobin's gaze snapped to Taehyun. "That might be it. Lia, Yuna, Chaeryeong, converge on that warehouse immediately. Beomgyu, Ryujin, you're Going to stay her."