CHAPTER X: Severed Strings (Castiel)

CASTIEL

CASTIEL

IF I could only throw my cane at Alaric the Prick, I would have already done so. My aim was quite good, that's why I chose archery as my sports. But I needed to practice restraint, especially in the presence of members of the campus media. Throwing tantrums would only make the situation much worse and not in our favor. Imagine the social media posts on CampuSite and the headlines on The Herald tomorrow.

"I will now call the roll," Alaric the Prick announced. He must be enjoying every bit of power with that gavel. "If you're in favor of moving forward to the impeachment trial, say aye. If you're against, say nay. Avrille Marie Padilla of the College of Allied Medical Professions?"

"Nay."

"Baron Tuviera of the College of Arts and Sciences?"

"Aye."

"Jaeger Estrada of the College of Criminal Justice Education?"

"Aye."

"Eamon Alfonso of the College of Engineering and Architecture?"

"Aye."

"Eleanor Dominguez of the College of Education?"

"Nay."

"Felicity David of the College of Fine Arts and Design?"

"Abstain."

"Owen Navarro of the College of Nursing?"

"Aye."

"The chair pro tempore votes in the affirmative. The ayes have it." Alaric the Prick struck the gavel. Kinda wishing he will accidentally strike it on his head. "This committee shall proceed to the impeachment trial. The respondents, Priam Torres and Valeria Encarnacion, shall be furnished with a copy of the complaint and summoned in our next session to explain and defend their position. The Student Ombudsman shall be delegated to prosecute the respondents."

Damn you, Alaric the Prick!

"Now that the USC vice president and LEXECOM chairwoman is facing a formal impeachment complaint, she shall be temporarily relieved from her duties as presiding officer in accordance with our existing rules. As the chair pro tempore, I shall preside over the impeachment trial and our future sessions until she is cleared of the charge." He struck the gavel again. "This session is hereby adjourned."

I thought that we had this in the bag! Why didn't I see this coming? Noong kinausap ko siya para kumbinsihin na pumanig sa amin, nabanggit ni Antoinette may pressing issue sa kaniyang council. I did not expect that someone—her own vice chair—was trying to unseat her! All along, I thought Felicity flipping would be the wild card that could mess up my plan. It turned out that she was just a misdirection!

Tch. If the uproar in the CCS failed to make the remaining officers of their council resign and Orlando Taneda officially assumed the chairpersonship, Alaric the Prick would have the six votes needed to impeach Priam and Valeria. Then . . . the student body would decide if they wanted to kick us out or not.