The fear and panic was long gone when I felt safe as his hand patted my back and other hand cupped my cheeks. I snuggled more into him until I found peace.

We slept again as it was just 4am now. I heard him muttering-
"Blanket ke jagah mujhe odh liya hai isne."
I fake glared at him and hugged him more tightly hiding my face in the crook of his neck. His scent is something I cannot get enough of.

🦥🦥

I woke up as the sun rays hit my face and glanced at the wall clock; that's when I realised that it's already 6 in the morning.

I looked at him only to find him already looking at me. It looks like he's adoring me.

"You should leave now. I'm okay." I smiled at him or maybe I am blushing because of the way he's looking at me.

His thumb roamed around my red cheeks so softly that I wanted time to be stopped. He pecked my forehead as his lips lingered there for another minute.

I sighed. It was overwhelming. Everything is suffocating me now except him.
Amidst all the chaos, he's my peace.

I closed my eyes thinking that I cannot face my family in this state where my eyes are red and swollen while my voice is hoarse.

"Babydoll?" Aksh's voice was slow but soothing enough. I hummed and he continued "Don't worry. It will be okay, I'm just a call away you know that." He stated firmly but the voice was gentle to my ears.

"I know. I'm fine now." No I am not yet. But if I say this to him then he'll come again within few hours.

"Okay then..I'll get going. I've to meet Mr. Brady. He texted me to come at 12pm itself. I'm sure it's something important but I don't want you to land into trouble again, hence I'll inform you on call or text whatever we'll discuss." He said in one go while getting up from bed.

"Thank you for understanding. I'm glad that I have you here with me." I said with a genuine smile to which he nodded and smiled back.

"Bye, see you soon." He winked and I got up from the bed to "escort" him towards the window.

"Sambhal ke jaana kahi girr gaya toh mera kya hoga." I said in a teasing tone biting my lower lip.

"Haaye" He kept his hand on his heart. "Aise bolegi toh yahase nahi par tere pyaar mai zarur giruga." He said dramatically and I shook my head with warmed cheeks.

I chewed my inner cheek to stop blushing and raised my hand making a "chal ja abh" face earning a soft chuckle from him.

('Don't annoy me' face)

After he reached down safely and waved me a bye, I quickly went towards the bathroom to take a long warm bubble bath.

Closing my eyes while humming songs I relaxed myself as the warm water touched my body taking away the stress that last night had caused.

I exhaled deeply with satisfaction and relaxation as I got out of the water, covering myself with a bathrobe I then went outside the bathroom.

I checked the time and was shocked that it took me almost an hour or so inside the bathroom.

Mummy sahi kehti hai, bathroom tera dusra ghar hai jab dekho tab wahi padi rehti hai. My inner voice mocked me but what caught my attention was Naina's phone call.

I picked it up quickly and greeted her. "Guess what Avanti? Tia and I are here in Paris for a long vacation. You'll come to meet us, right?" Naina chirped happily.

"Of course Naina, we'll do all the things that are on our bucket list and enjoy a lot, for sure." I tried to say that with equal excitement but my voice was still weak.