Chapter Forty-One: Oh, the Guilt

Start from the beginning

Not surprised. While Mark was the biggest teddy bear once you got to know him. She knew from stories Derek, Alec, and Addison told her about Mark's distrust of interns and residents still early into their residency, but also from her friends who worked under him.

According to Meredith, he treated them respectfully and didn't have them being glorified errand boys/girls unlike some of their fellow interns and residents. Eddie wondered if he did that for her or if it was because he knew and trusted them if Eddie did.

Eddie and Mark had discussed how they would treat their relationship in the hospital and talked to Richard Webber about the fact they were together, he told them he would be watching for favoritism, but he didn't think anything like that would happen, since Eddie didn't use favoritism to her advantage, to get onto cases with her brothers or Addison, she worked hard and she wanted people to know she got there for herself and not for who she spent her time with or whom she was related to.

And, while Mark would do anything for those he cared about, he believed in hard work. It might surprise people, but Mark was extremely smart, he had always beaten Derek on any test they took, even the MCAT. But, because he chose a "soft" specialty and Derek had chose neurosurgery, people tended to view him as less than. 

He expected hard work and dedication form those around him as well.

"Yep," Mark said as he leaned down and pressed a kiss to her lips.

"And Frankie helped it seems," Eddie said with a smile.

"Yeah, and she is getting a bit fussy, I think she will want to be fed soon." Mark explained.

"Hand over the baby Sloan." Eddie ordered playfully as Mark skillfully, unwrapped Frankie and handed her over to her mother.

"I'll go get our drinks be right back." Mark said, as he left as Eddie situated herself and Frankie, so they could both be comfortable while they ate.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

In Meredith's kitchen, Izzie had been cooking up a storm, ever since listening to Denny's voice mail, a few days ago, she seemed to be better, but she still hadn't been able to walk into Seattle Grace and talk to Richard. Instead, she spent all the time in the kitchen.

"Good morning!" Izzie greeted her two roommates.

"I thought we were done with the whole muffin thing." George commented about the spread of food in the kitchen.

"This isn't muffins, it's breakfast. Mer needs a good, solid breakfast. First day back after the big surgery." Izzie informed him seriously.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course I'm okay... I'm a millionaire. Fruit? What do you guys think about B&Bs? I'm thinking about opening B&B in Vermont where the foliage is, you know?" Izzie rambled.

She had never had this much money. And, she didn't know what she was going to do with it. All she knew was that she would prefer having Denny instead of money.

"Maybe you should go back to bed." George suggested.

"Can't. I'm going to the hospital." Izzie informed him.

"Are you going to talk to the chief?" Meredith asked, hopeful that Izzie would return.

Though, there was a part of Meredith that believed Eddie was right, that Izzie could have cost them their careers as well as the hospital, and didn't know if she should return.

"Nope. I'm going to clean out my locker. I could buy a hotel. How much do you think a hotel costs?" Izzie asked as she poured orange juice, spilling it all over her 8.7 million dollar check.