Chapter Thirty-Eight: I Am a Tree

Depuis le début

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

AN: Welcome to another chapter of Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)! I hope you have enjoyed the story so far! Let me know what you would like to see this season and in part 2! Thank you for all the support. You are all amazing.

****Sorry about the picture dump, I just found some pictures I liked, and put them in!!****

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Meredith Grey and Derek Shepherd always seemed to find themselves alone in elevators. It was their thing. For the past two days, Meredith had been trying to figure out whom to choose; Finn or Derek. She had gone to Cristina and Eddie for advice. Cristina, wasn't the biggest fan of Finn, because he was a vet.

Then Eddie, she gave Meredith her opinion, but told her in the end it wasn't her or Cristina that would need to decide the choice was for Meredith herself only. She had done one thing for her though.

Close your eyes. Imagine ten years in the future, and you are getting an award, or there is some big event in your life. Who is at your side? Who will be there making you the best possible person.

Derek.

Her mind immediately conjured Derek.

But, she also liked Finn. What if she needed to date Finn because Derek had hurt her so much? He was such a great guy and she could see herself being happy.

But, would she be as happy as she was with Derek?

But would he hurt her again?

So she was just back at square one again.

God why couldn't there be an easy answer.

Meredith smirked as she felt Derek familiar presence behind her. Close enough to touch, but he didn't, letting the anticipation build, making Meredith crave it....but the elevator door opened to the floor Meredith needed and she made her way out with a smile and a bit of a sway in her hips knowing Derek was watching her.