The sounds of footsteps on the stairs pulled Grant out of his thoughts.   His two nieces, Roslyn and Fiona appeared, both with grins upon their faces.  He was about to ask them how Kathryn was, when Roslyn spoke first.

"Uncle Grant, tis another lad," Roslyn squealed, jumping off the last step.  

Fiona following her cousin's lead, jumped as well and ran towards him.  "Aye, Uncle Grant, he is a big lad as well.   Aunt Emma said twas a difficult birth," Fiona babbled as fast as she could.

"Auntie Kat?" Grant pensively asked.  "She is well?" He asked them both, nervous because until he heard that Kathryn was well, the knot in his chest wouldn't go away.

"Aye," Roslyn grinned back.  "She is verra well and wishes to see ye.   Your wee laddie, tis already nursing, he is."

"Thank ye," Grant cupped his niece's chin and kissed her forehead.   He then did the same to Fiona and was about to head for the stairs when Ian appeared beside him.

"Let me hold him while ye see Kathryn and your son," Ian told Grant as he held out his arms.

"I'm nae sure Ian," Grant said, not willing to release his little bundle.  "Ye know how he is, twill bellow the rafters if he wakes and see tis ye who is holding him."

"I suppose he will," Ian murmured back still holding out his arms.   "But then I'll bring him to ye and Kathryn.   He may continue to sleep, Grant."

"Ye sure?" Grant grinned and sly grin and held out his sleeping son for Ian to take.  "Tis said that he's just like ye were when ye were a bairn.   Unruly, weepy, only wanting his Mama and Da...tis what Nellie has told."

"Aye," Ian frowned looking down at his nephew.  "She has told me overmuch as well.  She said of all the McKenna's born, wee Aric is just like me."

Laughing, Grant rubbed his hand through his son's lighter brown hair.   Not dark like his first two sons, they were McKenna's like Grant and Andrew, but Aric, he was more fair like Ian and Robert.  Or perhaps like the McGregor's. 

After accepting congratulations from Andrew and his Da, Grant took the steps two at a time to go and see his new born son and his beautiful wife, Kathryn.

"He is beautiful," Grant murmured to Kathryn while he kissed the top of her head.  Their son was nursing hungrily and Fiona wasn't lying when she told him that he was a big lad.  He was by far the biggest of the four.

"Aye," Kathryn beamed looking down upon him.  "Tis just like Aric, same colouring."

"What do ye wish to name him, love?" Grant asked as he tucked some of Kathryn's hair behind her ear.

"Would ye mind if we named him after my brother, Gavin?" his beautiful wife looked up at him with her soft doe eyes, he wouldn't refuse her anything.

"Nae, love," Grant smiled and caressed his son's head.  "He shall be named Gavin then."

When wee Gavin finished nursing, Grant took him and held him for the first time.   Kathryn wished to see the others, so Grant had Roslyn run out to the courtyard so that James and Colm could meet their baby brother.

What Grant and Kathryn didn't expect was for them all to come into their room to meet the newest McKenna.

Grant brought up James and Colm first, to greet their Mother and then to see their brother Gavin.

"Ye named him after Uncle Gavin?" James asked his Da, looking confused.

"Aye," Grant nodded as he adjusted Gavin in his arms so that James could see him better.