Gu Siyu clicked her tongue, looking like she was taking care of a child.

Teddy was excited, sitting there and barking.

"Alright, we're not really going to buy soy sauce. We're going to pick up trash."

Gu Siyu pretended to walk the dog, but in reality, she joined the cleaning aunt in their villa area to compete for work. Before the cleaning aunt brought the cleaning cart over, Gu Siyu carried a small basket and competed with the dog to pick up twigs and fallen leaves.

One day, the cleaning aunt caught her in the act. Unhappy, the cleaning aunt, who earned a few dozen yuan daily collecting waste in the neighborhood, glared at Gu Siyu, thinking she was stealing her business.

Gu Siyu sighed and said with a troubled expression, "Auntie, if my family's conditions allowed, I wouldn't be out here picking up trash."

The cleaning aunt softened, watching Gu Siyu searching around with a lowered head. She said, "Young girl, picking up trash doesn't pay much nowadays. How about I talk to the property management, and you can join our cleaning department?"

Teddy, biting a twig, dropped it into Gu Siyu's small basket and sat beside her. The cleaning lady added, "Ah, this dog is smart. You should think not only for yourself but also for your dog."

Gu Siyu nodded, left her phone number, and typed it into the cleaning aunt's phone. Then she went to another area to continue picking up twigs.

After a while, a pile of twigs and leaves accumulated where there used to be roses in the small courtyard. Gu Siyu patted Teddy's backside. "Go call your mom."

Teddy ran off quickly, and Huo Junxian came out with the prepared dough. Gu Siyu stuffed firewood into the stove and lit it. After the fire burned out, Huo Junxian placed the dough. In the evening, they set up a barbecue grill in the yard, and Huo Junxian brought out a tent that seemed unused for a long time.

Huo Junxian said she had never camped on a mountain before. Gu Siyu asked why she wanted to camp on a mountain, and Huo Junxian said she wanted to see the stars. So, they decided to sleep in the tent in the yard, although they didn't see the stars and almost trampled the tent.

Afterward, Huo Junxian became addicted to making bread. She made so much that she couldn't finish it herself. She even became engrossed in her bread oven. The number of bread at home kept increasing, and she gave a lot to Chen Tao, but he couldn't finish them all. Whenever Huo Junxian received a work call from her subordinates, she would ask, "I have fresh bread here, homemade. Would you like some?"

Gu Siyu came up with a solution. On Saturday, they would set up a booth at the market to sell bread at a lower price. As long as people bought it, it would be good.

"That sounds good." Huo Junxian felt excited again.

In September, they kept busy with making bread, taking care of pets, and Huo Junxian even planned a trip to the beach. She wanted to go before the October holidays to avoid the crowded places during the festival.

The two of them spent a long time in the supermarket. When they came out, the moonlight was bright, the sky full of stars, and their shadows stretched long under the streetlights. With too many things to carry, they borrowed a shopping cart from the supermarket. Having money is indeed convenient. Usually, if Gu Siyu borrowed a cart, the supermarket manager might have chased her to inquire.

They placed Teddy in the child seat of the shopping cart. They pushed it together, and Teddy barked happily.

Gu Siyu teased Huo Junxian, "You're a wealthy girl with a wealthy family. Can you really sell bread?"