14

Greyson
I waited a few beats before she gave me a real response "I don't know he was just very into public things, so just don't try to fuck me in front of your friends and we'll be cool" she laughed a little.

Her eyes are so pretty i have to keep myself from getting lost in them.

"Well he sounds pleasant" i joked which got a laugh out of her.

"oh yeah a real saint" she responded still laughing a bit before hearing her phone buzz which completely turned her mood around.

Her smile fell into a frown and the color drained from her face. I refuse to look at her phone and get in her business though.

"Everything okay?" i asked gently and she shoved her phone under the pillow before looking at me nodding.

"everything's fine" she said holding back tears i could see.

"hey what's wrong?" i said sad to see her so upset.

She just shook her head "what do you want to do until 8?" she asked looking away and clearly wiping a tear.

"what's going to help you right now?" i asked.

"switching places with someone else, anyone else. not really a possibility so" she said giving a small strained laugh.

I knew nothing i said was going to make whatever just happened better so instead i pulled her in and hugged her for a second, if she didn't want a hug i was prepared to pull back but instead she wrapped her arms so tightly around me.

"It's okay bells it out" i said softly and she did.

She cried into my chest and i softly stroked her hair and held her for as long as she needed. We stayed there for about 2 minutes before she pulled away and wiped away her tears.

"good day not to wear makeup huh?" she said with a small laugh.

"you didn't need it anyways" i responded before i could think and cleared my throat before continuing "do you want to talk about it? I'm all ears maybe i can help" i said rubbing her back gently.

"it's just my dumbass dad" she said laying back on my bed and i did the same with her.

"i get dumbass parents, trust me." i said drily swallowing thinking about my mom but quickly turned my attention back to her looking over at her.

"he um" she said clearing her throat a little before continuing "he abused me, a lot, as a child. he just got out of jail apparently today after 12 years and he tried calling me earlier i guess but i didn't have the number saved and he just texted me telling me it was him and he wanted to talk and my mom never even divorced him even after he was put away so we're not on speaking terms either" she said not looking at me. Like she was ashamed and it was her fault or something. I sat up on my elbow still looking down at her.

"Belle that is not on you if you're blaming yourself. That's not your fault and you don't owe him a damn thing. Not one single thing. Block his number if you want, you don't deserve that. I'm so sorry that ever happened to you Belle" i said sincerely, my blood was boiling.

who could do that to a child? who could do that to belle?

"You sound like my therapist" she said laughing a little with tears still streaming down her face at a slower rate.

"you said you understand dumbass parents, do you mind me asking what happened with yours?" she said softly. "it's okay if not" she added quickly after.

I nodded and decided she told me so why not.

"Honestly belle one of the reasons i really don't mind spending much time with you and keeping your mind distracted while your friend is away is because my mom drained my savings i barely have anything left in it because she's a drug addict and my dad died when i was really little. I've had to fend for myself since i was 6 pretty much. That's when she started heavily doing it. Now she calls me about once every week trying to bleed me dry some more and i know i'll cave again if i think on it too long just praying she'll use it on food or rehab" i said lowly before adding "i also am spending time with you because you're not too bad of a companion, a little bossy but ill adapt" i said trying to lighten to mood. She sat up and wiped her face dry sitting crisscross in front of me.

"Grey i'm so sorry" she said with sadness in her tone before pulling me in for another hug with i happily accepted.

"Maybe we should just both block our parents" she said with a small laugh.