13

Belle
Girlfriend?? Excuse me?

As soon as she left i turned his face towards me because he seriously wouldn't even look at me after she left.

"Greyson your girlfriend?" i said in a harsh whisper.

"I'm so sorry she was really just pissing me off" he said whispering back and rubbing his eyes then looked at me. His face lit up which i know means he's about to say something extra stupid.

"Belle. Hear me out" he said still keeping his voice low "we fake date" he said with a small cynical smile.

"what? greyson that's the dumbest idea i've ever heard and i've heard a lot, i live with Lacy" i said back furrowing my eyebrows

"no okay listen, im pretty well known around campus and now that i said that to Jessica it's gonna spread. So we can either deny it and shut it down or we can pretend we are, and if we pretend we are i get all my old hookups to leave me alone and you won't ever be bothered by another guy on campus" he said lowly still having that bright excited look on his face.

the amount of golden retriever energy this man truly has is insane.

"and why would you want your old hookups to leave you alone?" i asked confused

"because last year i barely passed well enough on my grades to stay in basketball because i was so focused on parties and hooking up with girls, i don't want to do that again this year" he said sincerely "please I'm begging you, it'd do both of us a huge favor" he plead.

"fine. the minute you hookup with someone else this fake relationship is over, and we broke up a week prior if anyone asked" i said harshly.

i was not going to be a laughing stock at this school.

"deal, but i won't. i don't want to anyways" he said smiling yet another cynical smile before adding "babe"

"ew" i said lowly rolling my eyes and laughing a bit before eating my food.

Fake dating the hottest guy here. This will be interesting.

"So your place or mine?" he asked looking over at me while we walked.

"yours is fine" i said back before he saw people walking towards us.

"this is my friend, it will help get the word out do you mind if i hold your hand?" he asked in a soft low tone and i nodded as we interlocked our fingers.

"Hey Grey!" Ethan said walking up to us with a few of our other basket team members that i still barely know.

"Hey E, this is my girlfriend Belle" he said proudly.

"Oh shit i didn't know you had it in you, i'm proud" he laughed before adding "yo man we should totally go on a double date tonight with you guys, me and my girl Anna"

"Belle is that cool?" Greyson said lowly aiming for just me to hear.

"Yeah that sounds great what time?" i asked looking at Ethan.

"8pm work?" he asked and we both nodded "cool see you guys there!" he said before walking off.

We walked into his room and i sat on his bed "i guess this is one way to get the word out" i laughed a little but honestly i was nervous.

"hey don't be nervous it'll be completely fine trust me, his girlfriend is cool you'll like her" he said sitting next to me.

"what? nervous? me? okay yeah actually a bit" i admitted because i just sounded more unconvincing by the second.

"why are you nervous?" he asked looking at me and i picked my gaze up to look at him.

"i just don't know what's over done you know? i don't want to oversell it. holding hands yeah that works but what do couples even do like in public?" i asked genuinely.

"bells have you never been in a relationship" he asked confused.

"i have, i have, but not a fake one. I was only in one for two years and we broke up like 6 months before we graduated because life was taking us two separate ways." i said with a shrug looking down at my hands fiddling with my fingers.

"okay well what did you guys do?" he asked.

"a lot that i was not comfortable with" i responded drily.

"okay so holding hands, is that okay?" he asked and i nodded. "how about kissing on the cheek" and i nodded again. "me having my arm around your waist" i nodded again and looked up at him.

"We're set then." he said with a smile

"I don't want to spear of the moment do anything to unsettle you though, can you tell me what does make you uncomfortable?" he asked and i swallowed thinking.