Chapter Three - Beach Party

The day flew by so quickly and I found myself already getting ready for Liam's party.

Looking at myself in the mirror one last time, I let out a sigh. I'm just not feeling myself tonight. I look cute, it's just like a meh feeling. You know?

I'm getting ready to walk out when my phone dings from my bed. I walk over and check it.
Oli
Miss you too. I got to go but I'll talk to you later.

I frown at my boyfriend's dryness. Fine. I'll text the girls instead. I snap a pic in front of my mirror and send it to the girls.

The girls consist of me, Avery, and Gwen. We all have been best friends since 1st grade when we all accidentally ran into each other at the exact same time. Since then we have always just clicked. Avery and Gwen have always been the outgoing type like me, but lately Gwen has been growing apart from us.

Ding
Avs
Yessss look at my hot queen👑

I smile at her word choice.

Don't get me wrong I like the dress, it's a short pink silk one, spaghetti strap, and it hugs my curves perfectly, it's just me.

I pull it down feeling it was a little too short only for it to go back to its resting spot.

I sigh and walk out of my room, making sure to turn off the light.

I pause walking down the stairs thinking about how Ethan is going to throw a fit. Oh well, it's my body and I feel comfortable.

I turn the landing, walking down the few stairs left when I hear Liam whistle. I roll my eyes at his banter and my eyes meet with Kai's. His eyes once again taking my body from head to toe.

I grin. "Want a picture?" I ask teasing him. He rolls his eyes and turns away to hide his blush I caught slowly starting to form on the tips of his ears.

"Masie May Brookes." I hear a booming voice from the hallway to the right of me. Uh oh. I turn to see Ethan storming down the hallway. He's practically fuming when he meets me. "What are you wearing?" He asks through gritted teeth.

I internally cringe. "Calm down brother," I say patting his shoulder. "It could be worse." I finish grinning.

As I'm walking towards the front door I feel a black jacket being thrown over my shoulders.

"At least wear this please." Ethan's annoying voice says from beside me. I roll my eyes as continue to walk down the front door steps.

I climb into the back only for the last remaining seat to be next to me, and the last person to be... Kai.

It's been a few minutes since the group chat texted so I decide to check it. No response from Gwen. Just as I was about to text, Avery beats me to it.

Avs
Gwenie you there?