10. Qubool | Accepted | قبول

❝Saath Chhodungi Naa,
Tere Pichhe Aaungi,
Chheen Lunga Ya Khuda Se Maang Laaungi,
Tere Naal Taqkdeeran Likhvaungi,
Main Teri Ban Jaungi,
Hm..Main Teri Ban Jaungi. ❞

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Continues....

Days passed in a haze. The bond between Rumi and Hamza wasn't what it used to be. Professionalism replaced personal interactions since that incident, and neither of them initiated any pleasantries. Although Hamza never apologized, deep down, Rumi hoped for one.

HAMZA'S POV

I signed some hospital documents, and thoughts of Rumi flooded my mind. I haven't spoken to her like before since I exploded on her, and I regret it. She was wrong, but I shouldn't have yelled. Her tears haunted me, and I genuinely want to apologize, but I can't. I fear my feelings will resurface. My past hinders me from prioritizing women again; I faced consequences once. What if she leaves too? Yet, she's drawing me in - her face, kindness, and patient care captivate me.

I attempted to resist, to be indifferent, but her allure is irresistible. From the first day, her beauty and delicate voice held me captive. Initially, I was harsh to avoid thinking about her, but she found a way into my heart, and I relented. The conclusion of my due apology is her silence and I still wonder about the lingering question she asked that day. I question why I brought her to the retirement party and initiated something I can't pursue. The answer dawns on me; I'm falling for her.

As she began to ignore me, I realized the attraction runs deep. Deep down, the fear of everyone leaving resurfaces. What if she does too? I need to try before assuming the worst. I'll apologize, mend things, and she'll forgive me. She has a heart of gold; she won't leave, right? I contemplate giving life another chance. I resolve to apologize; everything will be fine.

About to rise with determination, a knock interrupts my thoughts. Rumi, clad in a blue suit and white coat, enters, holding a bag. She seems happy.

"Sir, I came here for something," she said, her demeanor showing joy.

"I need it talk about something too ." I replied.

"Oh what is it? " She asked curiously.

"No you came to say something so you go first." I said.

And she sighed before opening the bag, revealing what seems like a wedding card. Confused, I hold it, and my heart stops. A shiver ran down my spine. I couldn't believe it. She was going to be light of my life and this this-

RUMI SIDDIQUI WEDS ZAYAN RAZA KHAN.

She's getting married to someone else.. She can never be mine ever. What about my feelings? didn't she feel anything for me.? Was my feelings one sided?

'Why allah? Why?', I silently question why in my mind. 'Was I too late? I didn't even get a chance to rectify my mistake or accept my feelings for her.'

"My wedding card," she said, breaking my self-pity. 'I've read it.and it is breaking me.' My heart shatters.

"Why so sudden?" I asked, a lump in my throat.

Her answer surprised me.

"It wasn't sudden. My marriage was fixed before my internship here," she revealed. She wasn't in my destiny before I even realized my feelings.

"Okay," I muttered with hoarse voice. She noticed the change in my voice

"You'll come, right?" she asked, and i wasn't ready for this question. I composed and came out of self pity. No I will not apologize to her. Not a question now!!