Ch 8: Power Of Thunderstorms

Start from the beginning

It looked like it was a win for us, but suddenly, more of the creatures appeared. The British one called for backup?! "Looks like we're in a tight spot, Lela... QUICK! Summon, me, and I can assist you in battle, dear!" Athena shouted, I was dodging like forty different attacks as I started to focus on Athena becoming bigger.

I felt a ripple of power that she described to me as her charge, as I shouted and stood still taking any blow that came, "I CALL ON YOU ATHENA, THY HELP THEE" I could see fire blast out from behind me as Athena became huge as a loud hawk caw came out of her. "NOW WHAT DO I DO?!" I shouted, trying to dodge more attacks.

Athena shielded most of the attacks as she huddled over me. "HOP ON DEAR AS WERE GOING TO FLY!" She shouted, and I rushed to her back as I mounted on her. She shot into the sky, a bright light shining behind her as she dove down she started to burn up, becoming a fireball. She started to sweep the tars, burning or slicing them in half. She was super fast as she was doing this, I held on the best I could to her. When she finished, she looked like she was ready to get some sleep, but more came. "Oh god... MORE?!" She shouted, sounding breathless. We started to blow fire and fireballs, but Athena was getting more tired. "I can't do this any longer... I'm getting too drained to fight..." she said on one of her bird knees.

I looked at her as she was basically telling me she had a limit on fighting... I was more panicked than angry for not telling me. "Wait, you had a limit!? Athena, why didn't you tell me!" I shouted, trying to dodge as much as I could because my firepower was becoming weak.

"I forgot to tell you... I think I've reached my limit. I'm sorry, dear... I think im going to be out for a day. I'm so sorry, " she said as she turned small and slowly started to disappear. I was surrounded by many of these creatures... I was out numbered... I guess this was the end... I hugged Athena, who was slowly fading away as I sat waiting for my doom. All of a sudden, a thunder cloud appeared from above as it started to rain and thunder... great... make it worse... the tar monsters were also pissed too but they were ready to finish their job, everyone stopped as a loud howl boomed throughout the place as lightning unnaturally started to hit the tar monsters and the lighting was quick, many were getting shocked and blasted by the lightning as a yellow light shined out into the forest as it was getting brighter. "Thor!" Athena shouted as a big wolf walked out into the battle. He had scars on his face, and his short fur was a bright lemon yellow. His tail was fluffy and was moving with electricity.

"Introductions later, Pup, and shit bag bird! We got creatures to kick ass too!" The wolf shouted, his eye had a thunderous pulse in them as he snarled as his snout had some scars too. He opened his mouth as a blast of lightning came out of it. I felt the charge of lightning he had as I pointed my hand to one of the tar monsters and shot lightning out. It left a tingle, but I kept shooting it out of my hand. "Like you already Pup!" He shouted as he jumped and blasted more lightning out of his mouth, sending more creatures flying. We worked together as a team as the things were fleeing. They were all gone as we won the battle (without killing anyone somehow) as I sat down.

I looked at the big wolf who laid next to me. He had a necklace with the yellow part of my soul. "Who are you and what are you? Are you one of my powers?" I asked. He put his big paw on my head and shook it.

The wolf looked down at me as he cleared his voice with a prideful look. "Thy shall call me Thor... I am a wolf, if you don't know what that is, but not just you ordinary wolf, I am an alpha Dire Wolf... and yes... I'm one of your powers, but don't call me that Pup!" He sounded serious as he stood up... but I called Athena... well, Athena, but I guess he has preferences... Athena was gone as I was alone with Thor.