ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 49 {ᑭᖇOᑌᗪ} 📣

Y/ᑎ ᑭOᐯ

"Mom, where's Woody?!" Andy cries running outside in the rain.

"He's not coming back" I say realising the situation while wringing out the rain water from my hair. Now safe inside Andy's room as we await for him to come back. The others thinking he's going to have Woody perched in his arms, me expecting Andy to have empty hands and eyes filled with tear.

"Well of course he's coming back y/n" Jessie's speaks up. Her voice slightly lispy with a positive ring. She just doesn't understand.

"Oh stop, you know that would give anything and everything if it meant staying with Bo. Have you seen the way he looks at her? Have you seen that way he values her? He's going to stay by her side." I try to comprehend the situation in my head and express what I believe is happening. I don't mean to snap but I'm feeling a lot right now. I didn't realise my world would change along with Woody's.

Through the open front door Andy's panicked yells can still be hear slightly. His mom calling back telling him to get inside. "Don't overthink it, I know you're scared for Bo but you know that Woody trusts her. She's going to be okay." Jessie flicks a little rain of my shoulder with empathy in her voice.

"Scared..?" I ask myself aloud. No I'm not scared for Bo, I'm scared for how this will effect the rest of us. If Woody were to for some reason leave us to stay with her, that a whole lot of responsibility put onto me.

"I can't find him mom!" Andy continues to search.

I mean sure I've got Buzz and Slink and even Jessie to give me a hand, but I've been in the role of 'deputy' longer than both the 2 love birds have been apart of this family, and slink has always been more of a hand rather than a leader. I've just lost two of my closest friends and Molly's room has lost their 'leader', and that falls back down onto me to figure out.

"Hey look what I snagged from the cupboard" Mr potato head struts in with Mrs potato head holding a few wash cloths.

Mrs potato head drapes a wash cloth over slinky while I'm ushered over, as I drag my feet.I don't think anyone here is thinking about how much of an impact this will have on all of us.

"It's all going to work out for the best" Jessie slings a clean wash cloth over my shoulders to absorb the rest of the dripping water.

Will it though?

A loud cheer is heard from outside followed by the quick foot steps that grow closer and closer to the door of Andy's room. We all scatter to our previously left places and watch as the boys feet slip into his room. And to my surprise, there's no crying, there's no heart break and sorrow but instead pure joy as he holds his pride in his arms.

Woody came back?

With a content sigh Andy places the cowboy doll back on his pillow and skips back outs the door closing it and running downstairs, to finally have dinner. The room instantly bounce alive and rush to the bed, wanting to know what had happened. From my place on the night stand, I look over to see Woody sitting their, staring at his hands, and hardly moving. Should I approaching him or let him be? 

Standing to my feet I slowly tread across the messily made bedsheets, approaching the Sheriff. The wash cloth still draped over my shoulders.

"Woody?" I start, sitting next to him against the pillow.

"I couldn't leave my kid" I've stated, his voice weak, his eyes filled with hurt.

"Oh Woody " I pull the wash cloth from my ball and drape it over the damp cowboy before I pull his arms around me and gently his head down to my shoulder, hand rest on the back of his head.